• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 seater buggy

jzmudbogger

Well I been wheeling Buttercup for a bit now and I was getting pretty reckless and started to do lines that was guaranteed to to give me body damage and break something. So instead of beating the crap out it like the last yota, I came across this rig on Craigslist that was just what I was looking for in a family trail rig, then contacted the owner but he wasn't willing to come down on the price so I sweep that under the rug as a no deal. After 2 months I get a call from a number and on the line was the owner saying come down and get I am fed up with tire kickers. Anyways I went down there threw some cash and loaded up the rig. Took it out to elbe and I found things I wanted to do to it like the tube work and suspension, other than that everything worked like advertised.

What it came with as a complete running and wheeling rig:

22R

Longs

Longs beadlocks

MC 4.7

ARB w/compressor

CB

Drive flanges

36" TSL SX

Plans:

redo tube work

link the rear

make it a 4 seater

dual case it

redo the front leaf spring suspension

High steer w/assist

Main goal is to take it to Naches for the 4th of july

100_1602.jpg

100_1600.jpg

100_1603.jpg

Last edited:
thats a well build rig i know the guy you bought it from, thats rig is hard to mistake with all the fat kid stickers and signs on it, thats a good buy you'll like it..

yeah I am quite happy with the purchase and pleased with the rig which I bought about maybe 6 months ago. Yeah I wasn't to excited about the tube work but I was going to spend more on parts to upgrade Buttercup than what I picked this rig up for and I get to have two wheeling rigs.

100_2288.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2286.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2299.jpg

100_2301.jpg

100_2297.jpg

100_2302.jpg

It started out as a 1st gen truck. Thank you for the compliment.

As of today I only got the mounts for the air shock in place before I had to go to work. But have ideas of what to do tomorrow morning.

I got the roof bar tacked up, rear seat latch in place and welded up, bracing under the rear seat and behind it, also got the fuel cell brackets made up just need 3 tabs made and welded in place.

100_2303.jpg

100_2305.jpg

100_2306.jpg

100_2304.jpg

Thanks Brain I will finally have a buggy. Well as of now I've gotten the roof bars welded up, fuel cell tabs made up and in place, checked fuel cell to air shock clearance and finally the rig on its tires. Tomorrow morning I'll be jacking the front up and start cutting the old suspension off.

Got the dual cases, front temporary driveline, hydro assist, tapped steering box, new front spring hangers with RUF's all done. Went to Billy Bobs to get new front shocks, then to the Ford dealer to get shock mounts. Also got the air shocks charged up to the pressure I wanted. It coming along pretty quickly and smooth

I have gotten the front shocks and tube work done but the pics are not up yet. But here are flexing pics of it after pulling it out of the garage to turn it around.

crawler.jpg

crawler2.jpg

The wife snap this shot of me using my feet as an extra pair of hands.

crawler3.jpg

Last edited: