• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4link Nissan?

I'm talking to you!!!

In ur intro you state how you know mostly toyotas. . . well if you know anything about a toyota then you shouldn't have all these noob questions. . . Your only 17 your getting ahead of yourself here. You need to ask yourself some important questions before you go anyfarther

You need to decide what you want to do????
With school do I have enuff time to work to make enuff money to fund a project like this???
How much money you have to spend???
If this is your DD are you gonna be able to get it done over a weekend so you are still mobile come monday???
What do you want to do in your rig????
Body damage or no???

All these things you need to think about and consider!! If you cant afford or manage to do this to your nissan, then save up and get a rig that could be just a straight up wheeler. . . .

You need to figure out axles, tires, suspension, etc. . . . Your talking about a lot of work to do to your daily driver, and then you want to wheel it and still have a daily reliable rig. . . .

I think it would be really cool if you did build your nissan cause its different and I dont like following the crowd. . . . but at the same time you really need to think about it from all angles. . .

Sure you would have a sweet rig but the second you start wheeling it a whole new bunch of problems show up not just including regular upkeep and maintance! Look at all your choices, If you know toyotas then I would pick up a cheap straight axle yota and build that. . . :awesomework:

Eh i know toyotas but just 4link type stuff... im not familiar with really...
my buddy kinda taught me the stuff when i was kinda like his "apprentice" durning the summer, and have been going at them for only 2 years now...
but ya school is only a couple blocks away... and we might consider moving to get more space, and we kinda live in the suburbs so i dont know if they would alow a build up :redneck: yup yup, i was just considering a build up of the ssan, but who knows... hopefully i have a better idea of it soon enough though... i just need a hobby to build something up, thats what i love to do... im leaning more torwards the yota thing though... nissan would probably be fore later when im rich and can afford rockwells :D

I just didnt realize his age. Not that i care about your age yota 8 . All of my wheelin crew is under 25, some being as young as 18. I like different also , my k5 mazda was awesome. It was my first build and i had alot to learn from it. I would stick to a beater yota or cherokee. something generic like that is way cheaper and easier to get parts for. Keep the nissan around for a driver until you have more money put up for it or something breaks on it so its worth tearing it apart and building it. Im planning to tear mine apart during the summer so i can ride my motorcycle while i build the truck and have no transportation issues. I know i damn sure didnt know the first thing about wheelers at 17 though. Then wheelin was trashing my dads blazer and getting it all washed up before he got home from work.:cool: Oh i am building a nissan and wouldn't mind if you want to see mine for ideas or whatever as i move along on it.

ya , im working on the job thing... once that gets settled im pretty sure i will have abetter idea... to bad you cant cut wood up here dude... freaking oakharbor, people kill for oak

they're are alot of built nissans out there, you just have to do some diggin to find em.... look on cardomain.com, you have to weed through all the pavement princess's, but they'res a few, also have you tried NPORA? ( http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?act=idx )

Yah, ive been looking around alot... ive already pm'd nissan nut a whole bundle of times asking ALOT of questions and im sure hes tired of me askin em by now lol

Believe me man I totaly understand having a hobby and loving to work and build rigs!!! I have been doing it since I was 6 but i started with my uncle on his muscle cars!!!

I would definetly look into either a striaght axle yota, or an old sammi, and depending on what kinda wheeling you want to do, old skool fullsizes are always a possiblilty!!!

My game plan has always been with my fullsize is, build the suspension, drivetrain up to take some serious abuse, then when the body is getting bad swap a Ranger cab on it along with shorten my wheelbase from 138in to 109in then when I swap cabs go to 105in!!!!

We should keep in touch I dont know how close exactly I will be to you but in the next month or so I am moving towards Burien into a small little house with a huge disconnected shop!!! IF you ever want you could bring you rig over to my place anytime if you wanted to. . . . i got plenty of tools and everything!

Believe me man I totaly understand having a hobby and loving to work and build rigs!!! I have been doing it since I was 6 but i started with my uncle on his muscle cars!!!

I would definetly look into either a striaght axle yota, or an old sammi, and depending on what kinda wheeling you want to do, old skool fullsizes are always a possiblilty!!!

My game plan has always been with my fullsize is, build the suspension, drivetrain up to take some serious abuse, then when the body is getting bad swap a Ranger cab on it along with shorten my wheelbase from 138in to 109in then when I swap cabs go to 105in!!!!

We should keep in touch I dont know how close exactly I will be to you but in the next month or so I am moving towards Burien into a small little house with a huge disconnected shop!!! IF you ever want you could bring you rig over to my place anytime if you wanted to. . . . i got plenty of tools and everything!

Schweet dude... let me mapquest it real quick... haha quite a travel but i might drop by when i go by there my sis lives down in tacoma

directions.jpg

If i take the ferry...

directions2.jpg

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14603

my advice is know what youre doing before you start cutting, cause its alot of work. still not done yet, still some tuning and modifying to do

Sweet set up dude.. i think i have a pic of your rig on my computer from pirate :D

bitemedoughboy, are you on any of the Nissan forums besides NPORA? I've been around most of them awhile and was just trying to place you.

yota8, if you're really trying to go cheap and easy, go with the Calmini hanger and shackles. If you get your parts together, it would be really easy to get the thing rolling in a weekend, maybe leave it 2wd for awhile until you can afford the gears/locker driveshaft for the front?

That's what I'm doing to my Hardbody, even going SUA for DD duties and it seems to work just fine:

sastruckflex1.jpg

sastruckflex2.jpg

I wish I would've done as you said however, and gotten all the pieces together before starting. Now I'm SAS'd, needing steering and gear setups etc, and am kinda stuck $$-wise, without a DD-able truck. Live and learn I guess!

bitemedoughboy, are you on any of the Nissan forums besides NPORA? I've been around most of them awhile and was just trying to place you.
zcar.com, z31powered, hybrid-z, nissanforums, also on AWORC, dogpound, pirate, YVtruckclub, a few others but i cant remember them all oh and one called NW-Wheelers...

Latest posts