• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4r100 trans rebuild help

mcbadwish

I have a 2001 f250 powerstroke and im pretty sure it **** the coast clutch snap ring and im getting ready to yard it out and rebuild it. Was wondering what parts you reccomend ugrading. I plan on putting a 3clutch billet rekon converter in it and a john woods valve body anything else i should look into.

Yeah dont have the money for a bts right now as much as i wish i did lookin at buyin a second house thinkin im going to use rekon.and transtar parts.

watch the triple discs, they are hard shifting. If you dont have 500 hp dont bother putting it in there.

They make an updated snap ring for the coast clutch that comes in the transgo shift improver kit. There is also a spiral lock snap ring in that kit for the OD return spring that likes to pop off. 2001 might have the mechanical diode type intermediate sprag. GET RID OF IT if it does. You would have to change the direct drum, intermediate clutches and get the earlier sprag and outter race. Other upgrades (if they are not already there): steel OD and "front" planetaries. There are a couple specialty tools that you will need to assemble this trans, I have them if you need em.

Last edited:
Hey thanks i geuss ill have to tear it down and see what i have before i go ordering parts. And ill let you know on them tools i know a ford master tech that said he would build for 100$ but i think i want to give it a go.

watch the triple discs, they are hard shifting. If you dont have 500 hp dont bother putting it in there.

I don't have 500HP in my rig, and I just had the trans OH'd and a triple installed (It is an E4od too)...No hard shifting for me, unless I am on the throttle hard...but I expect it at that point. Normal driving so far has been fine.