• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4runner or cherokee

FIVE~0~NINE--Wheeler

what is better if i want to start a new project. i have had a few toyotas and like them. should i try a jeep cherokee. an older one like 85-95, or a 4runner older one like 85-89. what wud be easier and cheaper to make a wheeler?

what is better if i want to start a new project. i have had a few toyotas and like them. should i try a jeep cherokee. an older one like 85-95, or a 4runner older one like 85-89. what wud be easier and cheaper to make a wheeler?

If you like a rig that starts with good parts, a full frame, and a ton of inexpensive aftermarket support... build a Runner.

If you want a unibody like your moms minivan and shitty axles, then build a Cherokee...

I've had many Jeep's (CJ, TJ, Cherokee) and a Yota.

If you like to fix things on you rig, get a Jeep.

If you just want to get out and wheel, get a Yota.

P.S. Cheap and easy?......Really? I've heard ATV quads are cheap and easy.:corn:

85's are getting hard to find. Plus they are either pretty beat up or somebody wants a small fortune for it...

Yep and a well working stock carb does just fine. Not to mention that all the fuel injection sensors on an 85 are now 25 years old and can be problematic and spendy to replace.

Yep and a well working stock carb does just fine. Not to mention that all the fuel injection sensors on an 85 are now 25 years old and can be problematic and spendy to replace.

One thing to be said about the toy EFI stuff--even with it being as old as it is--its one of the more dependable setups out there and pretty simplistic....