• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4runner or cherokee

screw it! im gonna get a 79 yota truck.. there is one on CL for 800$ and it only needs a master cylinder and alternater. which i have bunches on yota stuff layin around plany of alternaters and master cylinders are like 50 bucks! its already lifted 6inches. 3 body and 3 suspension.

screw it! im gonna get a 79 yota truck.. there is one on CL for 800$ and it only needs a master cylinder and alternater. which i have bunches on yota stuff layin around plany of alternaters and master cylinders are like 50 bucks! its already lifted 6inches. 3 body and 3 suspension.

1st gens are :cool:

But the only thing I would be concerned with a 79' is they came with a 20r motor and possably a 4 speed tranny.. The 4 speed tranny is a pretty crappy tranny...

But they do have round headlamps :awesomework:

84 85 is a better place to start we have 12 yotas in the club of all years .you can make a hell of a 1st gen you just have less to start with ..front axle for ex.....my buddy thinks his 83 is so cool cuz its a 1st gen but they all were made in another cuntry not here,its not a flat fender lol i have ran a few jeeps and now own a 85 runner,and it kicks ass i follow linked rigs on 38s and out wheel them all the time on 33 tsl's did it again today at evans creek:haha::haha::redneck:

any time you can help a yota frame out do it....they need it!!! the best yotas are tube i think.

Last edited:
...i follow linked rigs on 38s and out wheel them all the time on 33 tsl's did it again today at evans creek:haha::haha::redneck:...

ya yotas are sweet i had an 80 thatwas linked and got my ass handed by leafs all th time one time in band camp evans is cool you must liek all the hardcore **** therrre we should go out braffing sometime so you can showe me all the hardcoee stuff evena shas to offer:beer:

ya yotas are sweet i had an 80 thatwas linked and got my ass handed by leafs all th time one time in band camp evans is cool you must liek all the hardcore **** therrre we should go out braffing sometime so you can showe me all the hardcoee stuff evena shas to offer:beer:

you bringin cheroke i wanna go towhen evens is badas.:011:

evans is ok ,some of the steep stuff i dont care for .i dont think its that hardcore not like what i have seen of rieter.i have been going to elbe and evans for alot of years ,kind of burnt on it ....maybe .seen a **** load of rigs roll way to far down some of them hills , my buddys flatty took chunks of bark 70 feet up a fir tree and rolled 40 times.thats why i have never ran pucker ridge .just want to wheel and not be right on the edge of a slope .i think its more fun that way ..or im just getting to be a old puss:booo:

One issue to think about when comparing 4runner or even the truck to an XJ is wheelbase and height. The Jeeps tend to ride a little lower and more stable opposed to the 4runner.

Whatever you do, don't put body lifts or insane suspension lifts. You'll end up with a top-heavy vehcile that will scare the $hit out of you whenever you're on something off-camber. If you need bigger tires, lift it a little bit and then do some chopping to the fenders.

ok thanks. any others opinions?? i wanna get the pros and cons of each.

You are gonna dump a crap load of time/money into an XJ to beef it up...As stated before, a toyota is a better base to start with... Or find yourself a Sami, can be built on the cheap...and are pretty capable lil rigs even mildly built..:awesomework:

Latest posts