• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom Co.) Snow Run!

Jakob, may want to think about adding a poll to this to get an idea of definites/maybes.....just a thought!

If I am home from my job in Oregon I'll make it out, thinking I'll want to tow up somewhere near there and stay the night. That's a long haul from Puyallup.

Got a camper Nick? If so, you're more than welcome to crash at my pad....it's literally almost on the way up--just a couple miles from the baker hwy....

O ya...fergot about that!:redneck: Damn cold...:mad:

Yah.. thats what a camper is for. =P .. pish it won't be THAT cold. Wes can tell stories of us camping at windy ridge where we woke up at -15C/5F!

But yes, there will be a few who will camp the night before.... Still up in the air on if we want to do this Saturday or sunday. Weather will somewhat dictate which, we will pick whichever day looks to be nicer. (gotta work? call in sick.. you got the cold.. no, literally, its freezing out here!!)

Jakob, may want to think about adding a poll to this to get an idea of definites/maybes.....just a thought!

Currently, you can check out the event here on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=234855593241722

If you do not have a FB account, just post up here and I'll update the roster on the first post.

Yah.. thats what a camper is for. =P .. pish it won't be THAT cold. Wes can tell stories of us camping at windy ridge where we woke up at -15C/5F!

No one should really take Jakob's word on much of anything, but I think most already know that.

If it was not for us, Jakob would have frozen his unprepared ass to death before midnight.

:rolleyes:

If it was not for us, Jakob would have frozen his unprepared ass to death before midnight.

Tis true... lots has been learned in 2 years. I remember buying a 0F sleeping bag and 4-season tent, thinking I'd be warm enough. Nope. Totally wrong. Thankfully there was an extra tent heater. Sadly the one I bought after that trip broke on the last trip to Naches.

But I'm not sure I'd suggest anyone sleep in a tent up near mt baker, unless you're prepared for winter/snow camping. That being sleeping in your wheeler, camper, or having a good setup thats been tested in the snow already.

Weather update!!!

LONG RANGE MODELS ARE IN!! w0000ttt!

Long range models at this point do cool us off as we get into November with perhaps our first highs in the 40s and first decent snows in the pass. We'll see if it holds, but suffice to say some spots in the mountains might be talking about highs in the 30s not too distant future. Just don't expect 80s up there to counterbalance :)

I won't call it -quite- yet, but November 12th/13th is probably going to be the weekend.

When I camped up there, I slept in my jeep and the 2 guys I was with slept in hammocks. It doesn't get that cold up there. They had decent wind/rain proof hammocks and 5 or 10 degree or so sleeping bags. I had a a crappy bag but 3 or 4 super thick wool blankets and was just fine. Just dont be stupid and expect to have a warm night sleep in a 49.99 walmart bag/tent combo.

But yes, there will be a few who will camp the night before.... Still up in the air on if we want to do this Saturday or sunday. Weather will somewhat dictate which, we will pick whichever day looks to be nicer. (gotta work? call in sick.. you got the cold.. no, literally, its freezing out here!!)

Currently, you can check out the event here on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=234855593241722

If you do not have a FB account, just post up here and I'll update the roster on the first post.

God I hope this ends up being a saturday...I work at 4pm sunday....

ITS OFFICIAL! The run will be happening Saturday November 12th! Still working out details of when to meet up, but this is the date.

We cannot do it any later than the 12th. I'd love to do it the 19th, but unfortunately the amount of snow expected at 2500' will make the 19th not doable.

So You have 2 weeks to get 'ye **** together!

:yikes: I need to get my truck fixed---RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY want to bring the Sami up for this! :haha: