• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom Co.) Snow Run!

FINE!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEcKDMc7Ahc[/YT]​

Great video and soundtrack was perfect. I was in the silver hardtop JK with the red gas cans on the back, about 6th from the front of the line. You have some shots of my rig on top. I struggled a bit til I took the advice from Wes to air down to 7. Started the trip at 11 and kept digging in once we started the switchbacks.

Overall a great time, Jakob....thanks for putting this together.

Last edited:
. I struggled a bit til I took the advice from Wes to air down to 7. Started the trip at 11 and kept digging in once we started the switchbacks.

How many Wes' were there? I did not see you till the very top!

the only person I was yelling at to stop and air down was Albert... would have been more effective if his radio was working....

7 psi i ran 2psi all day till mine went toally flat LOL! And now out sitting on the trailer i have four totally flat tires

Oh, and BTW, that "free" pizza??? Tasted like, well....it was free! :puke:
The kids ate it tho!!!! :haha:

Wifey had some salmon & baked taters baking in the oven...Mmmmmmmm, salmon...:awesomework:

Yah I'm thinking we need to find a better dinner place for next week. I really like the Beer Shrine (North Fork brewery), but perhaps there is a place closer in Glacier or Maple Falls we can checkout too?

7 psi i ran 2psi all day till mine went toally flat LOL! And now out sitting on the trailer i have four totally flat tires

Same here. I think mine are inverted.. ahh effort to go outside.. blah =P

Yah I'm thinking we need to find a better dinner place for next week. I really like the Beer Shrine (North Fork brewery), but perhaps there is a place closer in Glacier or Maple Falls we can checkout too?

Same here. I think mine are inverted.. ahh effort to go outside.. blah =P

i feel ya i havent made it outside to fill them back up yet either Lazy day lol

It's unfortunate about the service at Chair 9. It is a really good place but I think they were completely overwhelmed by how many people showed up last night. Anyways, most of the people working there were more worried about when Baker Ski Area is gonna open.

How many Wes' were there? I did not see you till the very top!

the only person I was yelling at to stop and air down was Albert... would have been more effective if his radio was working....

Sorry Wes I may have my names mixed up. Met too many new guys yesterday to keep you all straight. I was behind the BC guys in the green and yellow jeeps.

So what was the snow depth at the top? It dident look to deep from the pictures. Also any word on the forcast for next week?

So what was the snow depth at the top? It dident look to deep from the pictures. Also any word on the forcast for next week?

0-1" (Trace) at the snowshed
5" at Yellow Aster Butte
18" at 2nd switchback
~2' at the lake

But...
3rd/4th switchbacks had 6' snow banks
Lake had 15-20' snow banks.

We couldn't make it to the 2nd lake because of the large snowbank. perhaps with big tires, or a way to get over it we could do it.. but we ran out of time saturday.

Also, found out that Chair 9 has a 5.95 all you can eat buffet breakfast! ... so if ya'll are cool with that, lets make this the meet-up spot.

Breakfast at 8am. Leave by 9:30. You probably could get there between 8:30-9:30, but I'm thinking an early crowd will start breaking trail. It'd be nice if the bigger tire people are up early. .. aka Crash ;-)

Still working out after-run dinner details. NF brewery is awesome, but will probably be slammed if Mt. Baker opens this weekend (likely). They said we can call ahead and try to reserve a space if we know approx when we'll be there.

Do you know when the breakfast starts? I really want to get an early start breaking trail. even if its only part way and I let someone bigger take over it well increase our chances of making it up in good time.

I'd also like the opportunity to break trail early on...then let larger tired folk take over....another wrench thrown in---I gotta work sat afternoon (OT shift)....just signed for it this afternoon, completely spacing the fact this run is going twice!:redneck:

If the breakfast doesent start earlyer I may just skip it and head up around 7ish

Don't break away from the run, and go up there by yourself....We'll see how it pans out toward the end of the week...May not even be able to go up there if the entrance to the road's bermed up...

The latest from Sam (who went skiing up there today) was that next week it should -not- be bermed. It takes a few weeks to get it to a closed state. Since the snow-mobile and nordic centers aren't open yet, Twin Lakes should be kept open for a while.

Alex, I'm down for an early run, I may even get the camper up, stay in (or near) glacier and meet there at 7am for breakfast. Just need to make sure the big-wheels (crash, oneshot) are in the front of the next pack if they don't wanna be up super early. Crash, fix 'ye camper!!! =D