• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4WS Trail-Buggy Build - Bent Fab EVO2

Re: Re: 4WS Trail-Buggy Build - Bent Fab EVO2

Sold the 39.5 TSL. Bought some new 39" red labels.

azyveqyz.jpg

:woot:
gepyze7y.jpg

Rokcrler said:
Tick tock... come awn already!

I need to build a mobile fab shop on my truck so I can fab in the parking lot of hotels...

I can't get much done from a hotel room 4 hrs from home :flipoff1:

**** I have to finish the Toyota I'm building before I can even start on this buggy. Dang wedding stuff! laughing1

So from pics to actual chassis ,what do ya think .From the pirate build dude got some skills fab'n , just curious on your thoughts of it now that you got it

krackem said:
So from pics to actual chassis ,what do ya think .From the pirate build dude got some skills fab'n , just curious on your thoughts of it now that you got it

I'm impressed with it. Pretty much exactly what I planned to build. The chassis has a lot more "shape" to it in person than a lot of the pics make it look like. As in, the roof tapers in from rear to front, "firewall" area is a bit narrower than the shoulder area, sides are angled out, then roof is angled in.

The lower link mounts/subframe are exactly what I hoped for. Of course with this design, the links don't have "as much" triangulation as some other chassis, but it still has plenty to work fine.

The layout is very open and comfortable while still being compact in all the right areas for a trail rig.

And I got to check out the other rig he is building up with the bead rolled tin work. It's really nice. He told me the guys name he's building it for but I forgot, it is coming to TN though so I'm sure it'll be on the trail pretty soon.

Overall it was initially a hard decision to buy a chassis when I have all the tools (better tools in some cases) than a lot of shops, I just don't have the time (or experience/skills), I work too slow (change my mind too much, hell, I've already changed tires and haven't even started the build...), and I'm not sure I could execute a full chassis that would look as good as what I got.

Now I just got to hang all the parts, interior (will be stone simple), plumb and wire it! :eek:

We discussed a couple other things that I might decide to use on this to make it a bitchin trail rig and stick to the Ford roots of it (think custom cushy PRP bench seat) :afro:

:dblthumb: normally pics never do justice or hide **** so I've been wondering abut this chassis love the looks of it I dont have a bender so kinda been looking around for something like this that you could strip one and hang my stuff on and run with so really interested in watching your build progress and thanks for the info

TBItoy said:
Now I just got to hang all the parts, interior (will be stone simple), plumb and wire it! :eek:
So what, like 2 weeks for the first ride? ;D

Chassis looks great. I'd love to build one myself some day when I have more than a 2 car garage to work in.

Re: Re: 4WS Trail-Buggy Build - Bent Fab EVO2

Rained on me all the way home Lexington.

Got it unloaded and wiped down with penetrating oil.

Plenty of room for my 33 gal Bronco tank. I think it'll work.

aha8eman.jpg

aze5ynu7.jpg

Damn Nick, i'm jealous as hell! You can't put that fawking gas tank in it though dude, looks like something R.B. would pull

Re: Re: Re: 4WS Trail-Buggy Build - Bent Fab EVO2

Neal3000 said:
Damn Nick, i'm jealous as hell! You can't put that fawking gas tank in it though dude, looks like something R.B. would pull

You won't even be able to see the gas tank when its finished. It'll get a storage rack over it, panels beside it, and a recess mounted filler in the side (much like a factory vehicle).
Oh, and I'll also re paint the tank too lol

I need to get robby bobby to get on and make a guest appearance to finish the Gremlin

Do you think 33 gallons of fuel will change how the suspension works from tank being full to empty? Don't really see how it couldn't. 33 gallons of fuel will weigh right at 200 lbs, so I you got it down to a few gallons left in the tank that is a 175lb difference. Just wondering.

kmcminn said:
Do you think 33 gallons of fuel will change how the suspension works from tank being full to empty? Don't really see how it couldn't. 33 gallons of fuel will weigh right at 200 lbs, so I you got it down to a few gallons left in the tank that is a 175lb difference. Just wondering.

Definitely. That's why I'm planning to run the coilovers int he back, so I can dial in more preload when I've got 33 gallons of fuel, camping gear, 2 coolers, and a chainsaw on the back for the blackhouse Mtn and wilder river camping trips.

Otherwise I'll probably only fill the tank half way. The fuel tank will be pretty much centered in the wheelbase, so hopefully fuel weight itself won't be a huge factor.

Do you really need a 33-gallon fuel tank ???

Why not a 20 and a couple Jerry cans when needed? Just seems like a ton of fuel, space, and fluctuation in weight :-\

DANG AWESOME lil chassis but LAWD JEEZUS NAW on that gotdamn hippo ass fuel tank man :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:

git a 20 gallon ANYDAMNTHANG but that hee hee

jordan7118 said:
Do you really need a 33-gallon fuel tank ???

Why not a 20 and a couple Jerry cans when needed? Just seems like a ton of fuel, space, and fluctuation in weight :-\

zukiscott said:
DANG AWESOME lil chassis but LAWD JEEZUS NAW on that gotdamn hippo ass fuel tank man :gtfo: :gtfo: :gtfo:

git a 20 gallon ANYDAMNTHANG but that hee hee

:flipoff1:

The 33 gal cell is mainly just to make people ask questions :****:

I doubt that I'll actually use it when it comes down to it, probably something more around 15-20 gal range...

I was actually lookin at them RotoPax mounts the other day in the "JEEP RICER" section at 4WP. Seems like a legit way to carry extra fuel/water if needed

TBItoy said:
I was actually lookin at them RotoPax mounts the other day in the "JEEP RICER" section at 4WP. Seems like a legit way to carry extra fuel/water if needed

cuz you can't get E85 just anywhere.... :dblthumb: