• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 Horsepower upgrades?

Travis said:
JJ, any source you know of for flow thru rails for a L92? What about fuel regulator? My current intake has regulator and return rail, so I'm trying to figure out simplest way to adapt the new intake.

As discussed earlier, if you're running a truck intake you should have the rectangular SS rails. I would just modify them. Aeromotive regulators seem to be the most popular and is what I will be running. This is a good link:

http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/09Aeromotive_EFI_PowerPlanner.pdf

J. J.

payne97 said:
so if i have a 6.0 and i put a truck intake cam and l92 heads with rockers ill need to get it tuned

If you want peak performance, yes. You may be able to find a tuner with a file from a previous engine with a similar build though. That would get you 90% or more of potential power.

J. J.

I know somebody wants this ;D
LS3 Intake, Fuel rails and Injectors
5f48a6f1.jpg

c01cd002.jpg

16fde459.jpg

payne97 said:
is it better than a truck intake and how much lower is it than a truck intake

Not sure if it's better than the truck intake, but it is a lot lower than the truck intake. It's the same height as the ls1 intake that I have on my buggy now. I can't run the truck intake because it is to tall and hits the hood.

Altight, got the rest of my parts on the way. Nick Williams 90mm throttle body, custom cam, valve springs, and chromo pushrods from Heintz Racing, Aero fuel reg and Mast fuel rails from Wide Open Design.

Travis said:
Altight, got the rest of my parts on the way. Nick Williams 90mm throttle body, custom cam, valve springs, and chromo pushrods from Heintz Racing, Aero fuel reg and Mast fuel rails from Wide Open Design.

Awesome,I'm really curious to see how your engine does after all these upgrades.

Cole said:
Awesome,I'm really curious to see how your engine does after all these upgrades.
Me too. It better be a huge difference, I'm tired of getting smoked off the line.

payne97 said:
is it better than a truck intake and how much lower is it than a truck intake

Truck vs. car is kind of like single vs. dual plane on the old engines. Car intakes suppossedly give you mroe top end power whereas the truck intakes give you more low-end grunt. Its not a huge different. Like 5 - 15 hp at the top. Personally, I use other factors to make my decision in regards to intakes.

J. J.

patooyee said:
Truck vs. car is kind of like single vs. dual plane on the old engines. Car intakes suppossedly give you mroe top end power whereas the truck intakes give you more low-end grunt. Its not a huge different. Like 5 - 15 hp at the top. Personally, I use other factors to make my decision in regards to intakes.

J. J.
Other factors such as? space?

blacksheep10 said:
Other factors such as? space?

Yes, space and cost. Is 15 extra hp at the top end with a loss of torque at the bottom end really worth the extra $150 - $200 I would spend for a car intake? The L92 truck intakes go for $200 shipped WITH rails, injectors, and throttle bodies on a regular basis. The car intakes are $350 - $400 + shipping normally without throttle bodies.

I do have the space so its kind of a no-brainer to me and as previously stated, I am a cheap bastard.

J. J.

Latest posts