• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 power stroke crate engine

halcat

Just wandering who has one that will work. I have a 05 F550 I bought new and it has had three engines and only has 112k miles in it. I parked it about six years ago because I didn't know what to do. I don't think a cummins swap is smart as the truck is geared 4.88 and might not have any top speed. Somebody must make a stock power bullet proof 6.0 by now. If I have to buy an engine ( 7.3 or 24 valve cummins) and an adapter I'll have more in the truck than it's worth. I've done all the deletes and head bolts and still spits water, fuel, manure and everything else everywhere. I hate to see that truck set. 05 F550 four door four wheel drive with a eleven ft flat bed. I need this truck. Ideas??

All I can say is DON'T waste any more money on a 6.0... If 3 engines aren't proof enough I don't know what to tell ya.

Either cummins swap it n change gears or sell or part it out.

Or drop a gas big block in it.

Buddy of mine has a 6.0 that hasn't messed up yet. He's considering pulling it out and put in a P pump 24 valve that he has sitting there. I'll find out how many miles are on it if you're interested in it...

Re:

Asheville Engines, in North Carolina. Owner's name is Rob.

http://m.ashevilleengine.com/

Matt

Put one in that has some kind of warranty on it. That will be tough to find since it is over 1 ton and most places will only offer 6 months on anything over 1 ton and/or commercial trucks. 3 engines in 5 years is fawking retarded, I'd be pissed.

I have heard about ashville engines. 12 mo. Unlimited miles. I talked to Bean diesel Thursday and they said they could fix it but havent called back yet. We bought two of these pieces of **** at the same time. $52k apiece. We sold the first one at 62k mies with 12 recorded shop visits. The second one, on engine no. Two, after spending $4500.00 on new injectors in crossville tn made it half way to memphis and blew a hole in the block. They are like top fuel motors, run good but when they go, look out. Anyway maybe Bean will call back .

gubni said:
Asheville engines seems to be the place.

The first thing is you need to find the cause of your problem.

Did you replace the radiator cap? Did you install a coolant filter? If not that's probably the source of your problems.

$5 PART WILL SAVE YOUR POWERSTROKE FROM SELF DESTRUCTION
Thanks for this. This would make sense if the problem was always the head gasket. We had three of these trucks and we had every kind of issue you can think of, water in the fuel, fuel in the water, oil in the fuel busted blocks. Would this be amazing if all the 6.0 problems were radiator caps? We started having problems in the first year before the coolant system could go bad. Most of our issues were addressed at Ford. There biggest concern was dirty oil. We could have s thousand miles on an oil change and takes the truck to them and they said we needed to change our oil more. I'm not sure if there is any one thing that caused the problems. I think the biggest problem was when you took the truck in for repairs, the techs didn't know enough about the engine to repair them

Re:

This^

The restrictions that the epa has placed on the auto makers for Nox emissions are the big killer for the diesel market. Not only in longevity but as well with fuel mileage.

Matt

KEM performance in Monticello GA. Call Charles.. His service is second to none. He'll O-ring the heads, put the egr delete, new cooler, stc fitting, dummy plugs, and coolant filter and you'll be able to be done with it. Once you free up the emissions bullshit on these motors and get a coolant filter to protect the cooler you'll be happy. Take it to Charles and you'll be glad you didn't go Back to a 7.3 or a 12 valve.

Asheville Engine does a good job I have heard, I have a few people I can get a hold of about a good rebuild but personally I stay far away from the 6.0L and 6.4L because of the obvious inherent reasons. I do have a bunch of die-hard 6.0 guys I run around with so I will see what they say and report back!

AllGoNoShow said:
The powerstroke help guy will give a lifetime warranty on his bulletproofed 6.0's I think?

This guy is high as giraffe *****. Get the same work for half the money at KEM.

Sounds like whoever did your work in the past either wasn't worth a damn or there is an underlying problem with the heads if it kept puking. Studding a 6.0 without putting Oringed heads on it is a waste of money. Get a good monitor/programmer like a live wire as well.

halcat said:
Just wandering who has one that will work. I have a 05 F550 I bought new and it has had three engines and only has 112k miles in it. I parked it about six years ago because I didn't know what to do. I don't think a cummins swap is smart as the truck is geared 4.88 and might not have any top speed. Somebody must make a stock power bullet proof 6.0 by now. If I have to buy an engine ( 7.3 or 24 valve cummins) and an adapter I'll have more in the truck than it's worth. I've done all the deletes and head bolts and still spits water, fuel, manure and everything else everywhere. I hate to see that truck set. 05 F550 four door four wheel drive with a eleven ft flat bed. I need this truck. Ideas??

What exactly is wrong with current engine? Sounds like it has the right parts to be solid.

^^^ Kinda what I was thinkin. At 112k miles it can`t be hurt unless somebody did a real shitty job on it to begin with. The bottom ends on these motors are tough as hell. Its getting the top right and drive on.

This is not the original engine. We only ran this truck for three years. During that time we had three different engines in and repaired them numerous tines. We had one actually blow up, leaving a hole in the block. Keep in mind that during those three years nobody new how to fix these damn things. All everybody done was work on them. We were named in the lawsuit with Navistar from ford and won, we got $112.00. I'm thinking now somebody can build a crate engine and use mine as core. I really don't want any part of this engine. I know some of you guys don't understand this, but the 6.0 years were the worst years of out company's life. We even took one 6.0 out and installed a v 10 gasser. also keep in mind this is not a grocery getter pickup. This truck left loaded and came home loaded every day and with an employee driving. I think I may call bean back or go with an ashville engine.