• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.5" lift kit

I don't have any sag w/my RE lift. And replacing the shocks won't affect sag or no sag, the sag comes from the quality of the springs (coil or leaf).

bbush said:
and why shouldn't he? my friend has bought numerous rusty's products and ALL have failed. i'm sure rusty's doesn't just make crappy zj stuff and makes uber strong xj stuff.

call me crazy but a lift shouldn't settle 2"

ok so your going to a guy with a practically stock grand cherokee, or someone with a built cherokee, and i wheel the piss out of my rig and havent broke one thing from rustys, thats enough proof for me to know that rustys is good enough:flipoff:

Lucky Jeff said:
This guy REALLY doesn't need to go overboard at the very beginning. He still has to figure out what the track bar is. He's got a bit of learning to do. Hell a 2" spacer with 31's and some trail runs will get him started atleast.
Yeah that is very true....... but if he is going 6.5" up then he should ask like he is doing. Its just advice ya know. I asked the same thing when I first got my jeep and I did alot of research. Unfortunetly I can not afford the set up I want right now:D

then i guess im hearing that puttin together my own lift is a good way to go.
What parts should i use. wut are the prices, or should i just get a lift kit from one company. (i have acess to machinery to make certain pieces of the lift. wut should i make) bascially im looking to see wut people have to say about this

havent i posted about 3 times to check out NAXJA.ORG?? read up!

question. are you going to REALLY wheel this or do you want to it look cool and daily drive it?

i live in woodinville and as soon as i get my stuff on im goin to reiter to try it out. of course i wanna go wheelin. im not gonna put this much money in it and lift it 6.5" for nuthin

rooneypower said:
then could you tell me wut. any sites that i could read up on

jeepsunlimited.com
naxja.org

go look at the forums on those websites and youll find TONS of write ups and talk about all the different lift kits for cherokees.

Personally ive used nothing but Rubicon Express Springs and i couldnt be happier. ive got RE leafs in the back that are about 3 years old and well used that still ride great and dont sag. Ive heard that Rustys stuff breaks alot and their customer service is horrible. Skyjacker ive heard is a shitty on road ride and really expensive. Rough Country is just cheap. Id go with Rubicon Express

PNWJeep.com has a lot of XJ guys too

You're getting good advice, use the search function to search tech forums for threads on lifts, read read read

redyj said:
ok so your going to a guy with a practically stock grand cherokee, or someone with a built cherokee, and i wheel the piss out of my rig and havent broke one thing from rustys, thats enough proof for me to know that rustys is good enough:flipoff:
well hell I'm depressed, you haven't said anything about my POS Rusty's 6.5" lift on my ZJ.

redyj said:

so maybe you got lucky and rusty's decided to make 1 good lift kit and you bought it. EVERYONE (but you) i've ever talked to that has rusty's stuff wish they hadn't bought it. my friend bought his tow hooks (one snapped in half), he bought the TB spacer and it doesn't fit right and catches open. and just because my rig is "practically stock" doesn't mean i don't wheel the piss out of it.

so you can keep buying inferior products and we will let the new guy know that there is better stuff out there for just a little bit more. :flipoff:

bbush said:
so maybe you got lucky and rusty's decided to make 1 good lift kit and you bought it. EVERYONE (but you) i've ever talked to that has rusty's stuff wish they hadn't bought it. my friend bought his tow hooks (one snapped in half), he bought the TB spacer and it doesn't fit right and catches open. and just because my rig is "practically stock" doesn't mean i don't wheel the piss out of it.

so you can keep buying inferior products and we will let the new guy know that there is better stuff out there for just a little bit more. :flipoff:

i dont give a damn about your friends ****, if your going to talk **** about a product, at least know from personal experiance, i dont mind critisim but know what the fawk your talking about

i wouldnt consider a speed bump in a mall parking lot or you gravle driveway "wheelin the piss out of your rig":cheer:

redyj said:
i dont give a damn about your friends ****, if your going to talk **** about a product, at least know from personal experiance, i dont mind critisim but know what the fawk your talking about

i wouldnt consider a speed bump in a mall parking lot or you gravle driveway "wheelin the piss out of your rig":cheer:

bull ****, how is me saying **** about my friends rustys products any different then my own. i KNOW what i'm talking about, i wheel with him all the time. just because it didn't happen to me (i was smart enough not to buy rustys products), its not like i'm saying it happened to my friends, uncles, buddy's friend that lives over on the other side of the damn country.

and yup how did you know all i wheel on is speed bumps. you have me pegged to a TEE. heres a cookie for the generic "mall crawler" flame

bbush said:
bull ****, how is me saying **** about my friends rustys products any different then my own. i KNOW what i'm talking about, i wheel with him all the time. just because it didn't happen to me (i was smart enough not to buy rustys products), its not like i'm saying it happened to my friends, uncles, buddy's friend that lives over on the other side of the damn country.

and yup how did you know all i wheel on is speed bumps. you have me pegged to a TEE. heres a cookie for the generic "mall crawler" flame

ha ha, some one needs a ba ba, your cute:cheer:

bbush said:

x2 :cheer:

Rustys old **** was ok... now they have gotten to big for their britches and their new **** sucks. I've owned several rusty products and regret buying all of them. IMO, if ya wanna good lift:

RE
Teraflex
T&T
Claytons
Rock Krawler (I've heard guys have problems, but haven't personally seen it)
OR = BUILD YOUR OWN

ok ok, sounds like everyone hates rustys exept for me, thats cool, mine holds up well, maybe i did just get lucky, for all you haters...:flipoff: