• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

60/14 general ? What you guys like don't like

Beefcake

Starting my build 60 Chevy front 14bolt rear... Wanting opinions on spools, shafts, joints shave kits. King pinion bushing from Reid racing etc. so any vendors offer a complete wheel bearing and seal kit?

Already ordered an artec front truss just the modular and wfo concepts arms to run single ended ram behind axle. Everything else is still questionable.

I have a Sami tube chassi with a 4.3 vortec th350/205 114" WB linked front and rear and plan on running 39-40" tires.

Thanks

Nitro spool rcv shafts tmr shave kit Reid bronze bushings are good! Lug nut brake kit for both, bearings and seals parts store, solid nylon front axle shaft bearing/bushing solid knuckles and c's bluetorch lower bearing cap/pin and diff covers. That should about cover it! :dblthumb:

Was probably going to stick with my stock knuckles and C's for awhile although those ones from solid and reid are pretty killer though. whose got the best prices?

al1tonyota said:
Nitro spool rcv shafts tmr shave kit Reid bronze bushings are good! Lug nut brake kit for both, bearings and seals parts store, solid nylon front axle shaft bearing/bushing solid knuckles and c's bluetorch lower bearing cap/pin and diff covers. That should about cover it! :dblthumb:

and roughly what does all that run?

I am in the same boat is why I ask...

And looking for other shafts besides RCV's they are a little pricey, i know yukon makes some and so do a few other companies any opinions anyone?

It's all "pricey" you aren't building something to drive to church on Sunday. Spend it now or spend it later after spending a day trying to gather up the parts to get it off the trail after some major carnage. Just my 2 cents.

al1tonyota said:
Small business guy putting together complete 3/4 ton brake kits

Oh, haha. I didn't understand lug nut as being the name of a person.

pricey as in RCV shafts are twice what other chromoly shafts run. I know what your saying about pay now or pay later but thats still a lot compared to others.

With a v6 Sammy buggy on 40" tires, don't think RCV shafts would be necessary ! Unless you drive like Adam Lee, or just got lots of money to spend.

Has anyone ever broke a stock 35 spline inner on a 60 running a 4cyl behind it?
I am thinking about running stock inners and good joints and good outers since I will be sticking with the 22rocket for a while.
I figure I can always upgrade the inners if I ever swap in a big boy motor . and ill be upgrading to 39in reds from 37s

thoughts?

what year model is ur dana 60? the older ones the inner shaft taper down then back out. the newer ones is the same the whole length of the inner axle.