• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

60/14 general ? What you guys like don't like

smbroady82 said:
79 ford hi pinion swapped to pass drop....just the housing for now so its all up in the air.. build it as I can afford to
I know all about building on a budget. just find some of the newer axles that don't tapper down in the middle. good luck with ur build!!!!

Yeah thats what I was thinking about the shafts I'm running a dana 60 out of a Chevy. the front shafts have to be replace i think it came off a plow truck or something cause they are very rusted. both short and long Ujoints are even worse. but the housing is pretty decent.

Re: Re: Re: 60/14 general ? What you guys like don't like

al1tonyota said:
I doubt you will break stock inner shafts with a 4cyl or v6! I never broke one in my cab truck and it had a v8 and a manual trans

Same here but auto trans. I'm still running the stock outers as well.

You can get yukon axles for half prince of RCV's and have a lifetime warrenty. Inners/outters/super joints/ flanges.. Hit Daves off-road supply after u get all ur prices. He will save u money and not try to sell u all the super expensive ****. Although I highly doubt you will break that axle. Barnes 4wd is best priced on fab **** I think. Connecting assure you there is no customer service like Barnes! I had something messed up one time and he sent me the part before I even had it taken off to send back. Brad is jam up to deal with.. That's where I go for all of my brackets, diff covers, 13 bolt shave kit.. Etc. good luck

Beefcake said:
And looking for other shafts besides RCV's they are a little pricey, i know yukon makes some and so do a few other companies any opinions anyone?

running Reid outers, 10 factory chromos with 300m joints, drive flanges on my D60. been holding up great under a heavy rig with H1s and 42" SXIIs. the 14 bolt just has a spool and 1541h shafts. all being pushed by a decently built LQ4 6.0

I'm not nice to it, but also pick and choose my battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMXFOPTgb0&list=UUy2PqKZuH_cXx5aKj3_yiww

now all the drivetrain is going under a new buggy that will be about 1100# lighter than the s10 was. should live a little easier now, but we'll see ;D

Latest posts