• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

660 rhino fuel pump?

Eddyj

I let my rhino in storage for a couple of month. My fuel pump is not pulling fuel through the filter. I can suck it through with hardly any force. Is there an upgrade? Something I should look for? There is a lot of info about this floating around just looking for some first hand experience. thanks.

weller racing makes a nice high flow fuel pump kit.. or buy a stock pump for like 40 bucks and put a priming bulb inline

How would one go about bench testing this pump?
Took it apart seems to be in excellent condition.
It has an in, out, and a "p" port. I'm guessing vacuum off engine.

I can't blow into the "in"
And if I suck on the "p" nothing.

Does the engine have a vacuum that pulses?

Are you ever going to grow up?

I actually typed that out, paused for a second and thought nobody will say anything in "side x side" all the idiots are in general.

it uses the vacuum of the intake.. have you checked to see if theres any trash in the pickup tube or cracks in the plastic fuel pickup?

Pickup is good. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how it works. With it being a 660 the intake vacuum would surge or pulse. (I would think) but when I put a vacuum to the pump nothing. It doesn't suck anything In the "in" port. I doesn't even flow the vacuum through the pump. Just nothing like sucking on a closed straw.

Re:

https://youtu.be/tz0sIbhlOtE

Maybe this will help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Buddy of mine just fixed this issue for a coworker. Said something about pinching off the return line and it would run fine. But I would go on and grab that high flow pump no more than they cost!

I swapped mine to the cheap parts store variety for carbed engines. Installed a new gas line at the same time and never looked back.

my rhino is doin the same thing now, i replaced the pump and it still does it, if it sits more then a few days it seems to loose prime, im stumped and pissed i might stick a cheapo electric fuel pump on it soon

For those that have had pump problems, are there any symptoms other than starting issues? For example, if it does prime will it run normally or loose power under full throttle/backfire when coming off full throttle?

I went on a ride yesterday with the rhino . A few times in the day it dogged out of fuel. Started back up. I'm done messing with this stupid vacuum pump ****. It's getting the electric swap setup as well.