• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

7.3 Excursion, what to look for?

I would buy pipers because it has the 05 up coils/axles under it. It should ride better and turn a lot sharper than 99-04 with leafs.

felipecj said:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/5243509535.html

My boss sent me this for sale ad for an excursion today, just wanted to share with y'all since we're talking about excursions. I'm still drooling over this one.

I would drive the wheels off that thing! But $30,000??? They have lost their mind!!

My search is over. Picked this one up last night. 1yr old HD transmission, 4k on E rated Michelin's & loaded out for a 2000 model
2408d5cacb7c813603ce465059cd3fb4.jpg

Someday when I have more time and money than I know what to do with I will restore and Cummins-swap an Excursion.

You wont regret a 7.3. 6 pos chip, wicked wheel if you have compressor surge. put finned aluminum diff cover off 05-07 on it to save the rear end from getting hot.
buy the purple internation CPS and never worry about it again.

Mine has over 300k on it and just now is needing some injector. I think atleast. It does not want to crank cold.

Re:

Well I've had it 4 months & still loving it. Getting just over 14 mpg including towing.

It already has the 6637 filter on it & had the CPS replaced @ the dealer (not sure which color). I'll be on the look out for a diff cover.

1st thing after I got it had to rebuild the fuel bowl & rewire all the A/V stuff. Even got the original alarm with remote start working again.

I got a great deal on 4" SS MRBP turbo back exhaust, just need to find time to put it on.

Next on the list:
PHP Hydra chip
Big 6.0 tranny cooler
Newer headlights
Drive the **** out of it

HotwheelsYJ said:
Well I've had it 4 months & still loving it. Getting just over 14 mpg including towing.

It already has the 6637 filter on it & had the CPS replaced @ the dealer (not sure which color). I'll be on the look out for a diff cover.

1st thing after I got it had to rebuild the fuel bowl & rewire all the A/V stuff. Even got the original alarm with remote start working again.

I got a great deal on 4" SS MRBP turbo back exhaust, just need to find time to put it on.

Next on the list:
PHP Hydra chip
Big 6.0 tranny cooler
Newer headlights
Drive the **** out of it

You are on the right track. I know rear diff covered through 2010 will work because mine came off a wrecked 6.4. Not sure about 6.7s 2011+.

Not sure why a 6.7 10.5 rear would be any different. What's up with worrying about the CPS's on these? They're relatively easy to get to and worth having an international or Ford part.

I should probably find a new diff cover for my truck... 275k on the stock 10.25 with 4.10's in my OBS truck. I'm getting ready to do some glow plugs on mine soon...

I like the OBS body style but I wish I would have held out for a 99-03 7.3 since they have more creature comforts and make a little more power. I have a TS 6 position chip, really helps wake the truck up, especially would with bigger injectors.

Exhaust install on yours is easier than a OBS.