• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

7.3 l psd recall

Hellbilly

This was just on the news! Recall on the 7.3l psd

Ford Initiates Voluntary Safety Recall
Ford is conducting a voluntary customer safety recall of approximately 1.18 million 1997-2003 model year Ford F-Super Duty trucks, E-Series vans and Excursions currently registered in the U.S. due to a concern over robustness of the cam position (CMP) sensor.

Was supposed to get mine replaced x-mas eve, but with the hussle & bustle I forgot; I've changed hundreds of these, but haven't done mine yet! Why not let Ford do it on Ford's dime:haha: - as long as one trusts your dealer-which I do....I will double check it of course!!!

OH, AND TO ALL FORD OWNERS, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED TO SEE IF THE OTHER MAJOR RECALL PERTAINS TO YOUR RIG--->YOU'VE HEARD THE ONE WITH THE C/C BRAKE SWITCH LEAKING BRAKE FLUID ONTO C/C MODULE, POTENTIALLY CAUSING A FIRE!!!!CALL LOCAL SERVICE DEPT, GIVE 'EM YOUR VIN# AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO VERIFY WHETHER YOUR VEHICLE QUALIFIES FOR THIS RECALL....

Last edited:
I have changed mine twice already and still have a spare in the glovebox. Figures I had to buy all those CPSs when they were $100 each and now they are cheap.

I took my rig in to get some work done, and ford told me about this. They changed the sensor and i paid ZERO for it.

For those of you who have spent money on this, You can probably get your money back

Or...I own the right brand and it needs no work.:; I stay away from all of those dealer techs. They're bad people.:haha:

Ya--we are.......:redneck:

But on another note I take alot of pride in what I do.... There are lot of techs out there who are about making the $$ and not caring about the customer....

Ya--we are.......:redneck:

But on another note I take alot of pride in what I do.... There are lot of techs out there who are about making the $$ and not caring about the customer....

The guy who did mine is top notch.

For those of you who havn't had this fixed. GET IT DONE. nothing like having your engine crap out on you for something that is taken care of freely