• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

750hp ls2 n/a

Guessing horsepower doesn't count, and dynos do one thing, hurt feelings. A 600 horse motor is a bad mutha, a 700 horse small block n/a is really asking for something. You do not just bolt on parts and get those kind of numbers.

My cousins uncle's brother had a 3 fiddy 4 bolt mane, with a 3/4 race cam and camel hump heads in a nova that would pull the front tires over a coke bottle! :****:

By no means am I unsatisfied with my engine or builder I've just been hearing 750hp ls2 408ci a lot not just in rock bouncing/hill killing. Other thing the ones I have asked what's done to it they name off everything that I put in my motor and I'm like where you get 750. But I would like to see a build sheet on a true 750 ls maybe it would be as simple as changing heads on mine to achieve this and still have good torque :dunno:

NTIDWELL said:
id like to know what Pistons he got cause at the time we did mine 12:1 was the best that we could get but there was also talk of domed Pistons coming out soon and I heard they was out now And with a full open head as what's ran on a ls7 it would drop you compression wouldn't it. I'm running ls7 guts in my 243 shaved heads to get my 12:1. Or I'm I thinking this completely wrong

I can talk to him and get more details but by no means am I saying this a an ideal combo for an offroad buggy although with a 7000 rpm shift point and that kind of power the torque numbers have to be pretty good. If I were building one I'd stick my money in a big ole Whipple and throw it on top of a warmed over 6.0. Torque for days and plenty reliable.

I can tell you my specs on my 408 build that was dyno tuned at Delk Racing and Performance in Lebanon,Tn. I only have at the wheel numbers but Brent estimated about 40% loss for the drivetrain for the motor number. It put 377 horsepower at 5704 rpms and 369 torque at 4844.
This is with Texas Speed 5.3 stage 2.5 heads not sure on exact compression but I do have to run 110 octane. Detonates with anything less. FAST LSXRT 102mm intake and throttle body and fuel rails. Pretty mild cam if I'm remembering correctly COMP CAMS LSR 285 cam.

Elliott said:
Guessing horsepower doesn't count, and dynos do one thing, hurt feelings. A 600 horse motor is a bad mutha, a 700 horse small block n/a is really asking for something. You do not just bolt on parts and get those kind of numbers.

Jeremy just opened his own shop split from dad and brother. His numbers isn't guessing it's real numbers from the dyno in his dad's shop he left.

Well I am the same way Nathan I see talks of 600 and 700hp N/A motors a lot here lately and I will be the first to call bullshit I have built a lot of motors in my life it takes a lot of good parts to make those kinda of numbers LS or not .... I love forced induction my self but this year I may have to try one of these nasty N/A motor yall speak of

Rohlingoffroad said:
Well I am the same way Nathan I see talks of 600 and 700hp N/A motors a lot here lately and I will be the first to call bullshit I have built a lot of motors in my life it takes a lot of good parts to make those kinda of numbers LS or not .... I love forced induction my self but this year I may have to try one of these nasty N/A motor yall speak of
600 I could see but for the money spent just lsx454 it.

Another that was debated was in mine we ended up going with 4" stroke with a 4" bore. He ended up talking me out of the 4.125 stroke what's y'alls thoughts on the 4.125 stroke got a buddy with it in his 421ci ls2 and it's a ****ing beast seems to be reliable so far That is what the big debate was if it was reliable or not being that the 4.125 drops the skirt down below the wall

NTIDWELL said:
600 I could see but for the money spent just lsx454 it.

Another that was debated was in mine we ended up going with 4" stroke with a 4" bore. He ended up talking me out of the 4.125 stroke what's y'alls thoughts on the 4.125 stroke got a buddy with it in his 421ci ls2 and it's a ****ing beast seems to be reliable so far That is what the big debate was if it was reliable or not being that the 4.125 drops the skirt down below the wall
I'm a fan of skirts ESP if they are short!

Re:

Wait .. so ls+cam+open headers don't equal 500hp ? :fish:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Competition Induction Design built a 419 LS3 based engine on pump gas n/a and it made 705@6850 ... it's doable by all means... jus gota spend that $$ !

ldudley said:
Competition Induction Design built a 419 LS3 based engine on pump gas n/a and it made 705@6850 ... it's doable by all means... jus gota spend that $$ !
Yes but we are talking 408ci ls2. Not ls3 completely different animal

ldudley said:
and Brian Tooley is a bad boy ! Always has been...I knew him back in the day when he was in Bowling Green MacMan.
There is a lot of builders around here that use his parts and modified parts he is spoke of very highly in Missouri

You don't have to change builders just talk to some of the guys that make big power and ask what it takes.