• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

8 gal. propane tank??

Patches

I bought an 8 gal propane along with the Got Propane kit and I am running a small block 400 with Rockwells. Can anyone give me an idea how one 8 gal. tank will last. I understand run time will very and I know most of the buggies run propane, so anything will help!

Thanks Lynn

No offense but I know that a lot of you guys run propane, Is 1/2 day the reality for all of you?:mad:

Last edited:
you might want a second tank... when i convert my 22r to propane i'll be running 2 tanks. and that 400 is a lot more of a gas guzzler than a 22r... i keep getting told you go through propane at a similar rate... so 8 gallons on a 400 cu inch block lasts you how long?

Last edited:
ford 302 and a 10 gallon get me through 3/4 of a day. I wheel with 2, 10 gallon tanks. The few times I thought I could make it on 1 tank I ran out and had to send someone to go get me a spare tank from the trailer.

My buddy with a Toyota wheels all weekend on 1, 8 gallon tank.

I would not venture to far with just one 8 gallon tank with a v-8

Couple weekends ago a couple of use went up to Naches. Me with my (lightened) Scout with a bone stock IH 304, carb, auto bla, bla.

8-gallon fuel cell, just tooling around in the trails I drained the cell, and another 5-gallons and topped it off again at the end. So 13-gallons or so with maybe 1/2-3/4 day of trail riding (with stops and brake downs etc) and flat-footing it on the roads. I could probably tune/tweak it to get better, but I can see 15-gallons minimum burned goofing around in a day, more if your getting on it regularly.

And factor a 'mileage' loss with LPG as opposed to gasoline.

I have plan's for a propane powered rig in the near future. I want to have (2) 8 or 10 gallon tanks on board, and a 3rd 'quick removable' 8-gallon that can be swapped out at camp (and take a couple spares) for longer trips.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA

Last edited:
*Short HiJack*

So I was thinkin about converting the 22r in my 81 sometime...

But I wanted to know if it is street legal or not (cause i have no trailer, and for now it is my daily drver)