• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane

civicmindedex79 said:
Mc Master Carr got those push/pull cables all day every day. If you are being serious of trying to find them.

I am, all I been able to find was ones with the balls on the ends instead of the ones like this that require a pin to lock the cable in the joystick. Would like to just find a joystick to work with these cables, but ain't been able to find one and it's not tractor/loader specific, it's specific to the control valve apparently. So I'll probably have to get new cables and a different style joystick. But the cables I've found do not look like they will fit the control valve on this tractor. Needle in a haystack ****.

TacomaJD said:
I am, all I been able to find was ones with the balls on the ends instead of the ones like this that require a pin to lock the cable in the joystick. Would like to just find a joystick to work with these cables, but ain't been able to find one and it's not tractor/loader specific, it's specific to the control valve apparently. So I'll probably have to get new cables and a different style joystick. But the cables I've found do not look like they will fit the control valve on this tractor. Needle in a haystack ****.

Just pull some spare parts off one of your old legs. SOLVED... :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

jeeppoor said:
We have 2 kids. Both girls. Both know how to change their oil, change a flat. Not afraid to try and fix something they have never worked on (they know they can call dad for help if they need to ;D) Our oldest daughter is a better mechanic than her husband (which he can not stand. And a lot of people know it :rolf:)
Now we have 6 grand kids ranging from 1 to 13. the 4 oldest 6 to 13 can change oil and tires thanks to grand pa.
But the parents cant get them to help them. They have no patience o work them. When they help me I already know it is going to take me at least twice as long if not longer. But the way I look at it will pay in the future. They like helping me do projects. and when we are working on something I can ask them to get me a wrench or impact or tell them they are going to need a certain wrench and they know where it is what it is. And we get to spend some quality time together.
I also have a rule that when they can see over the windshield and reach the pedals that they can drive. Seeing over the windshield is the important one. I have duct tape 4x4 blocks on the pedals so they could drive. Not on the streets. Out in the woods or an orv park.
Making memories. thumb.gif

This one stuck with me all day. I have a 4.5 year old and almost 2 year old boys who love to help. I am beyond guilty of being too busy and dismissing them.

Seriously, this one weighed on me all day, and my older boy is coming to work with me on Tuesday. Should be a short day, but we are going to enjoy it and learn, regardless how long it takes.

I have 2 Toyota donner trucks and a 500$ buggy frame, I have all the parts to build them, Will pay for the parts needed. I have offered 3 or more 17 to 30's, the chance to learn and build one, to ride or sell and split, I will help and guide. In return for help around the shop , yard. nothing out of their pocket. No one wants to learn or do the work, to wheel. I have 2 Toyota buggies. Built them my self, with some help from friends. People say 2 buggies !!? Yea but a year of nights , weekends and hard work on each to build. No one must want it like I do ?? I love to build and wheel ! I'm happy to help others, I can't wait to start my next build ?? With or without help.

billstoy said:
I have 2 Toyota donner trucks and a 500$ buggy frame, I have all the parts to build them, Will pay for the parts needed. I have offered 3 or more 17 to 30's, the chance to learn and build one, to ride or sell and split, I will help and guide. In return for help around the shop , yard. nothing out of their pocket. No one wants to learn or do the work, to wheel. I have 2 Toyota buggies. Built them my self, with some help from friends. People say 2 buggies !!? Yea but a year of nights , weekends and hard work on each to build. No one must want it like I do ?? I love to build and wheel ! I'm happy to help others, I can't wait to start my next build ?? With or without help.

Not sure where you live but is there a house near you for sale. I would have killed to have this guy live near me when I was a kid. Everything I learned I owe to a good friend and just being to poor to pay someone to work on my ****. I am sure everyone knows this but it is cheaper a lot of times to have someone else do it because I tore up a lot of stuff trying to learn the proper way to do stuff. There is no replacement for education (hands-on, personally taught, book learned or lived/learned)