• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

80" wide trailer....

mark

Looked at a new trailer today. It had just about everything I've been shopping for, was in great shape, very little use and a decent price... only down side, it was 80" wide vs the 82-84" wide I've been looking for and wanting.

My current trailer is 83" wide.

My current wheeler is only 76" wide so its not a big deal to fit.

My new buggy (if/when it ever gets done) will be right about 80" wide +/-.

I don't want to do drive over fenders. I know the buggy will squeeze between them but I don't want to necessarily be doing that every time I load or unload.

I could make hinged or removable fenders, (which it might just do anyway) but that's rework of my "new" trailer, might as well just pay or wait for fancier one really. Plus this one is powder coated and almost like new.

In day to day use am I going to notice the 3" loss? Part of me says yes, which is why 83" wide has been my design minimum, but this trailer has pretty much all the other features I've been looking for, is available NOW and at a price I'm willing to pay (I'd always like cheaper but hey, people seem to think their used trailer's are worth more than NEW ones right now..... not that I'll be any different when I sell my current trailer :D)

As a note, I could spend a more and get a NEW one.... but the price of this one it pretty much at my limit right now..... Plus used 10K tilts in my area are slim pick'ns and when they do come up they go FAST (missed an even more perfect one that was practically being GIVEN away by a hour last week, and it is almost unheard of that 2 come available this close together).

I use my trailer for all sort of things, from hauling my wheelers to project to junk to equipment to steel, lumber etc. Both for personal and work use.

Looked at a new trailer today. It had just about everything I've been shopping for, was in great shape, very little use and a decent price... only down side, it was 80" wide vs the 82-84" wide I've been looking for and wanting.

My current trailer is 83" wide.

My current wheeler is only 76" wide so its not a big deal to fit.

My new buggy (if/when it ever gets done) will be right about 80" wide +/-.

I don't want to do drive over fenders. I know the buggy will squeeze between them but I don't want to necessarily be doing that every time I load or unload.

I could make hinged or removable fenders, (which it might just do anyway) but that's rework of my "new" trailer, might as well just pay or wait for fancier one really. Plus this one is powder coated and almost like new.

In day to day use am I going to notice the 3" loss? Part of me says yes, which is why 83" wide has been my design minimum, but this trailer has pretty much all the other features I've been looking for, is available NOW and at a price I'm willing to pay (I'd always like cheaper but hey, people seem to think their used trailer's are worth more than NEW ones right now..... not that I'll be any different when I sell my current trailer :D)

As a note, I could spend a more and get a NEW one.... but the price of this one it pretty much at my limit right now..... Plus used 10K tilts in my area are slim pick'ns and when they do come up they go FAST (missed an even more perfect one that was practically being GIVEN away by a hour last week, and it is almost unheard of that 2 come available this close together).

I use my trailer for all sort of things, from hauling my wheelers to project to junk to equipment to steel, lumber etc. Both for personal and work use.

Just buy it--you'll never get that buggy done anyways :awesomework:

My trailer is only 80" between fenders and I mostly don't have any problems.

I say if it fits all your other pre requisites then go for it and figure out the fenders later.

Just buy it--you'll never get that buggy done anyways :awesomework:

Well if I DO get it done I will NEED a trailer to wheel it..... with the way things are looking right now :booo:

All it take is time and/or money.... unfortunately I have not enough of either right now.

And :flipoff: crashypoo :redneck:

my trailer is right around 80 inches wide, its a bit of a pain getting my old buggy on but it works , now if I were to do it again I would like wider.