Bob the bed?

• Yes

Votes: 106 84.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.1%

• Total voters
How about you finish yours before you try and get mine off me! Let see some updated pics!

I'm not going to jack your thread but I'll give ya one pic for inspiration on how not to build a truck... :redneck: Isn't the wheeler supposed to be taller than the tow rig? :eeek:

cdn2.jpg

Thanks, yea it's different for sure... I decided it was time for front dig and rather than dumping another $800 or so into the yota case for a CroMo output and rear disconnect I sold the W56 and dual ultimate 23 spline marlins with twin stick for a G and replaced it with a hybrid aw4/a340 auto to a 231/300. Including CroMo yot aflanges on the 300 I'm into it $950. I figured as long as I was in the area I might as well put the 80 body on it and basically rebuild the truck tip to tail because I'm a ****ing idiot. :haha:

That shot was taken at the Cool Desert Nights show last weekend. We were the only 4x's there without perfect paint or a mural on it smewhere... :redneck:

Looks good man....did you ever get those fenders from steve?
The fenders are still in Steve's garage. Didn't make it over there when I was on leave. Going to get my hands on one of those porta-power things and push my firewall back out then mount them fenders up. Thanks again...

Well, after a light day of snow wheeling New Years day, I am etremely dissapointed in my rig and was damn near ready to just give up on it....

On the way back down the mountain Saturday I blew all 4 inner beads and had some serious issues with my engine. Unloaded the truck last night with 3 beads off and the engine running badly.. Needless to say the truck is up on jackstands getting ready to be torn down...

REBUILD TIME!

I've had a 4.3 sitting in my garage taking up space for a few years now so I figure I'll get that in there for some more reliable power.. As far as the blown beads I'm not sure what route to go. Weld in my own safety bead on the rim? Or get different non-reverse center rims and re-do the beadlocks...

Update on parts needed:

Tranny(th350, 700r4?????)
adapter to Toy cases
ECU reflash... Where can I get that done?!?
Fuel cell
5-point harness'

Last edited:
Well, after a light day of snow wheeling New Years day, I am etremely dissapointed in my rig and was damn near ready to just give up on it....

On the way back down the mountain Saturday I blew all 4 inner beads and had some serious issues with my engine. Unloaded the truck last night with 3 beads off and the engine running badly.. Needless to say the truck is up on jackstands getting ready to be torn down...

REBUILD TIME!

I've had a 4.3 sitting in my garage taking up space for a few years now so I figure I'll get that in there for some more reliable power.. As far as the blown beads I'm not sure what route to go. Weld in my own safety bead on the rim? Or get different non-reverse center rims and re-do the beadlocks...

Update on parts needed:

Tranny(th350, 700r4?????)
adapter to Toy cases
ECU reflash... Where can I get that done?!?
Fuel cell
5-point harness'

I got a 4.3 vortec in my runner with the 700r4 and I really like that set up. Worked really well today.Good combo.

All 700R4's are 4spd. I was liking my 4.3/TH350 combo till the motor died. Just p/u a core TH350 and have Will Strange build it for you so you don't end up like me and having to do it twice.

come on charlie........ leave the truck alone till it blows up and just wheel it. :mad:

oh and go with a TH350. It's already trailered so you don't need an overdrive. Jason has some in his shop too. As far as flashing the ECU there is a guy over in eastern wa, that will do it for a 150. He will also thin out you harness for another 100 or so, if you don't want to do it. Maverick26 posted a link on here a while back when Jason was looking for someone to flash his ECU.

Last edited:
come on charlie........ leave the truck alone till it blows up and just wheel it. :mad:

oh and go with a TH350. It's already trailered so you don't need an overdrive. Jason has some in his shop too. As far as flashing the ECU there is a guy over in eastern wa, that will do it for a 150. He will also thin out you harness for another 100 or so, if you don't want to do it. Maverick26 posted a link on here a while back when Jason was looking for someone to flash his ECU.

I never said I was gonna pull the 4 banger yet did I?:fawkdancesmiley:

It's going to take me a while to save up enough to get all the adapters and the tranny I need. I have the 4.3 already so I don't need to worry about that. Just need to start collecting parts for the next stage!

lets just tune that 22r up a bit. I think it was running on 3 cylinders. If you need a hand just shoot me a call or bring it down. Then you can run it for another year or so while ya gather up parts. I think the stauns inner beadlocks would be the easiest fix to those wheels. :beer:

edit: and I have a trans for ya if you want it (for the cause)

I broke one of the "worse" tires down last night and the Iroks seem to have held up pretty well!

I wish these tires were as hard to pop a bead as they are to dimount from the wheel! Still can't get the tire all the way off. Hopefully this weekend will bring some better luck breaking them down.

Edit: I think plans are for me to weld some kind of safety bead on the rims. I can't afford Stauns or any other inner locks right now, so I need to try and salvage the rims I have. FAWK I hate reverse center rims...:puke:

Last edited:
Ahhhh you have reverse center wheels... **** beadlocking those wheels. The inner bead on them is what used to be the outer and it is smaller than the standard inner. I'd dump those wheels and do some DIY beadlocks and IFS hubs on standard wheels.

Reversed center wheels are a headache from hell as you've found out.

Are you trying to pull the tire off from the beadlock lip? Or from the inside lip? Reason I ask is on a reverse-center rim, the tire comes off much easier from what used to be the original outside lip...

Are you trying to pull the tire off from the beadlock lip? Or from the inside lip? Reason I ask is on a reverse-center rim, the tire comes off much easier from what used to be the original outside lip...

Good luck with reversed center beadlocks... You still have to get one bead over the large side of the wheel one way or another. :eeek:

Good luck with reversed center beadlocks... You still have to get one bead over the large side of the wheel one way or another. :eeek:

Yup....They're a bitch....I agree completely that reverse-centered wheels should not be beadlocked...

Yeah I'm kicking myself in the ass for going with them. They were a fawk load of cash too... Won't be able to get new wheels for a while(have to save up for them).... Hopefully I can figure something out on these fawkers soon. Once I get new rims I can go ahead and just order a new inner ring for my beadlocks..:mad:

Looks like my best option to fixing my bead problem is to get new rims..:mad: Wish I wouldn't have gone the "easy" route for the stance I wanted.

Plans are going to be getting IFS hubs, and converting to a vented rotor and different calipers. I've been doing quite a bit of research on this so hopefully it wont be too big of a pain in the ass.

Something like this in the front:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Once I get all the parts to do that I will do my 5th stud at the same time.

Probably going to be going with a steel wheel from 4WP in the 17"x8"-9" form with a 3.5" or 4" backspace. Should keep me within an inch or two of my current width. Then I'm only left with buying a new set of inners for my current beadlocks. Thank god I went with a DIY!:cheer:

Hopefully I can get some work done to it this week... Gotta get another project out of the garage first.:mad: