• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

85 yota Death wobble

Pony-boy

35 inch tires.
Little bit of a lift.

At 30 mph it shakes like a leaf,
Wheel bearings changed this weekend and it still does it.

Oughtta put this in the tech section. There are alot of people on here that could help. Especially if it is posted in the correct spot...:awesomework:

1.Alignment
2.Tires out of balance
3. Tires out of round
4. Seperation in the ply's, causing a bulge
5.Warped Brake Rotor
6. Bent wheel(s)
7. Mud caked on wheels(kinda covered that in #2)
Lots of reasons........

Last edited:
check alignment would be my guess sense wheel bearrings are done throw a tape on 2 common parts of the tread think its suppose to be 1/8th in tow in

Oughtta put this in the tech section. There are alot of people on here that could help. Especially if it is posted in the correct spot...:awesomework:

1.Alignment
2.Tires out of balance
3. Tires out of round
4. Seperation in the ply's, causing a bulge
5.Warped Brake Rotor
6. Bent wheel(s)
7. Mud caked on wheels(kinda covered that in #2)
Lots of reasons........
all the above, and check your caster. you said it has a lift, lifts can change your caster. anywhere between 3*to 7* positive caster is acceptable.

I'm trying... is the steering wheel shaking really bad in your hand or is the truck shaking under your seat? Different shakes, different problems. Is it constant after 30 mph, or does it fade when you press on the gas and come back when you let off?

Last edited:
it is a tie rod, i am almost possitive. it doesn't take much movement of a worn tie rod to make it do that, and i've had it happen.

all the above, and check your caster. you said it has a lift, lifts can change your caster. anywhere between 3*to 7* positive caster is acceptable.

Since when does caster change in a solid axled Toyota? You would have to have loose U-bolts are lost a spring plate for that to change, wouldn't ya?

Are you sure you dont have a seperated belt in one of your tires? That would cause your rig to shake like you're describing.