• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

98 12v wont start

budgetxj

My fiance just called and said my truck wont start. It turns over but wont fire. It does sit for months at a time while im working out of town but i havent had an issue before. Im gonna check the fuses, change the fuel filter but is there anything else i should be looking for. The motor is mostly stock besides a few bolt ons so its not that. Hoping its something simple but wont know until i get home

cracked fuel line/lines.

When mine sat for more than three days it would do that.

Then it would do it even if I drove it daily.

Then I started keeping it full and parking it downhill and havent had a problem. I still need to fix the lines but if the tank is higher than the leak it doesnt suck any air.

Ive been hoping it would show some diesel fuel on one of the lines to tell me where it is but its such a small crack/leak, it just sucks air but wont leak fuel.

If you get it to run, fill it up, park it nosed down hill and see if it helps. If it does thats your problem.

cracked fuel line/lines.

When mine sat for more than three days it would do that.

Then it would do it even if I drove it daily.

Then I started keeping it full and parking it downhill and havent had a problem. I still need to fix the lines but if the tank is higher than the leak it doesnt suck any air.

Ive been hoping it would show some diesel fuel on one of the lines to tell me where it is but its such a small crack/leak, it just sucks air but wont leak fuel.

If you get it to run, fill it up, park it nosed down hill and see if it helps. If it does thats your problem.

I have the same problem and those fuel lines arent real cheap either

You can go down to your local hydraulic hose store (they carry diesel grade hose, even BIO-compatable if you want)) and pick up what you need (total of 3 ft IIRC), and fix this issue for relatively inexpensive...with the right combo of tools, the lines can be changed in just over an hour, maybe 1.5...

got it running, the battery cable was loose so it wasnt getting a good connection. Put a new cable on and it fired right up. Thats what i get for listening to the fiance about what was wrong. Thanks for the help guys