• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BATTERY BOOSTER/JUMP START PACK

rpf500

Just wondering who has one and what you recommend or which ones to stay away from. There are a ton of options online and I'm just looking for something that is reliable.

MAybe he will chime in but Brett has the snapon one and it is bad ass. We have used it to run his rig all night on a night ride when his alternator took a crap and have jumped off a PC 2000 track hoe with no batteries.

Going on 4 years with my Mac MT5140B, jumped hundreds of cars and trucks with it. I have a black and decker with a built in compressor at the house, used it for a long time and the switch that turns it on and off finally screwed up. That built in compressor is awesome for having to air up a trailer tire, or air mattress. Need to get another one to keep in the truck. Those small jump packs are pretty neat, but you can't really drive a vehicle with a bad alternator on it, even just into the shop, the cables get stupid hot and will blow the fusable link in them.

When I worked at a car lot, we went through a jump box every 4-6 months. We swapped over to using a deep cycle battery and used a set of heavy duty jumper cables cut in half and permanently attached. Best jump box ever and the same one is still going strong 5 years later. Just kept it on a trickle charger

I got a everstart brand from wallyworld, its the biggest they make with compressor and usb and 110v outlets on it, the leads are pretty long and im really happy with it for 100 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85toyo said:
I've been wanting one of these. Anyone have one?

http://www.tooltopia.com/rockford-8005.aspx

I have used one, they are good. One of my tool reps insisted that he leave it with me for about a month to try out. But since I already had my big one, I didn't have a use for a second one and gave it back.

This is essentially the same one that I have, one good thing about it is, they give you a card to mail back if it ever stops working, gets run over, ect, they then send you a new one. thumb.gif
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_xx_P1250_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4b94ed855014e6c81c5be7a6b5f9a94b_S

I got a snap on one that weighs about 60 pounds but it has been the best jump box I have ever used!

grcthird said:
I have used one, they are good. One of my tool reps insisted that he leave it with me for about a month to try out. But since I already had my big one, I didn't have a use for a second one and gave it back.

This is essentially the same one that I have, one good thing about it is, they give you a card to mail back if it ever stops working, gets run over, ect, they then send you a new one. thumb.gif
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_xx_P1250_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4b94ed855014e6c81c5be7a6b5f9a94b_S

I started out with a Harbor Freight one for under $50. I went bad after a few years (battery post came off battery). Then I changed to the above. I forget what happened to it, but it quit working in about 18-24 months. After the 12 month warranty. There was a card with the paperwork. I had to pay the freight back and they would repair for a $75 fee. I threw it in the trash and bought another Harbor Freight unit. Been working great so far.

Just looked on Harbor Freight and all they have now look better than mine. Think I gave $35 for it. So, after three, I just think they are a disposable device for home use.

If you aren't using it ever day you can probably get by with a pocket jump box. I have two of them like the one linked to above. Just about everyone at the Honda dealer I worked at had one. I throw mine in whatever I'm driving just in case. Plus they can be used to charge your phone or cameras.

Me and several of my friends haul repos...we get alot of them that have no battery or a dead battery. We all use Allstart brand and have had good luck out of them so far. I figured out a long time ago with jump boxes....you get what you pay for :****: