• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

a couple things with my truck

yota8

Alright how much spline are you supposed to have showing if you put in the 10" extra spline shaft? Or is it supposed to be no spline showing? my axle is even forward so im lost... if my axle wasnt forward then i wouldnt beable to even put the bitch in, but it sits perfect...

yota1-1.jpg

An another thing... my fuel pump makes a ticking noise, the guy before me put in a napa electric fuel pump and put a plate over the old location with silicon ( causing oil leakage as you can see) it even makes the ticking noise for a little bit even after i quit turning it over, but if i put direct fuel in the carb it will run...

yota2.jpg

yota3.jpg

Oh and another thing... are all toyota fan pullys baby blue? this is the second one ive seen with it...

You have to have enough slip back to compensate for the axle moving up and back. If you leave it like it is you wont have a TC very long. Those fuel pumps are noisy. It will make more noise if its starving for gas. Elec. pumps are pushers they need to be as close to the tank as possible and below the the level of the tank if possible.

Yeah i got electric fuel pumps in all my rigs. . . they are noisy some louder then others. both pumps that are attached to my 80 or older rigs are really loud i have them on toggle switchs, u flip those bastard on and u can hear them pumpin away. . .

I actually like this when out wheeling it makes it easier to address fuel delivery issues on the trail, say it wont start but you hear the pump and you got gas comin in the carb then you can start checkin other things of the list 2

Also like pokey said you are going destroy you t-case the first time you drive that thing anywhere. . . . I dont knonw how your rig is setup but i would assume your close to having the same amount of droop as uptravel. . .????

I would take maybe 2in out of that shaft weld it all back hell maybe even 3-4 get it all back together and then setup bumpstops to keep your axle for compressing to the point of completly collasping the slip joint!!!!!!!

Good luck man truck looks sweet:awesomework:

do you think I should take a chop saw to the sleved part to shorten it? Im talkinh about the part the splines go into, and how much spline should be showing? And I think your right on the fuel pump but I only put in a gal so maybe it wasn't enough

ok so on the driveline. . . disassemble the d-line, then you should have 2 pieces. you should have the cv along with the splines and then the second piece should be the slip joint that goes on the splines and your yoke that ataches 2 your axle. . . is what your gonna wanna do is grind off the weld holding the splined shaft on your d-line, seperate the 2 pieces and cut about 2-4in off from the weld back then get it rewelded back together.

If i was you i would break it all back down to all its peices grind off the weld and cut maybe an inch or 2 off tack weld back together and test fit it, its always easier 2 take more material off then to try and add it back on. my guess looking at it your should be good with right around 2.5- 3in cut off.

this is trail and error take your time and get it right, nothiing sux more then going out for a shakedown run just to blow up something that could have been prevented with just alittle bit my time and patience!

Good luck:awesomework:

ok so on the driveline. . . disassemble the d-line, then you should have 2 pieces. you should have the cv along with the splines and then the second piece should be the slip joint that goes on the splines and your yoke that ataches 2 your axle. . . is what your gonna wanna do is grind off the weld holding the splined shaft on your d-line, seperate the 2 pieces and cut about 2-4in off from the weld back then get it rewelded back together.

If i was you i would break it all back down to all its peices grind off the weld and cut maybe an inch or 2 off tack weld back together and test fit it, its always easier 2 take more material off then to try and add it back on. my guess looking at it your should be good with right around 2.5- 3in cut off.

this is trail and error take your time and get it right, nothiing sux more then going out for a shakedown run just to blow up something that could have been prevented with just alittle bit my time and patience!

Good luck:awesomework:

I havent welded anything yet, i just cut the old splines off the drive shaft and fit that tube inside it.. 10" for splines is a lil over kill if you ask me..., but i understand where your comming at, i just need a chop saw tho, last time i just ground off the welds and did a little shimming and it came off from the stock one...

oh and i got some extra parts, a 2wd steering box p/s, 1.5 wheel spacers (wont be needing them, my frame is narrower in the rear so i shant rub, yota clutch fan, yota rad, and yota starter, and some yota rims 15" wagon wheels, gatta check how wide, i could swear theres some other stuff i have :eeek:

as far as the driveline goes, you have way to much slip for your app, so what i would do is instead of cut your tube more from the looks of it you could only cut it an inch or two.. just chop a few inches off both ends of your new d line slip..

to get a better idea on your Dline length you would need to fully compress the suspension and fully extend it, the way i would do it would be to put a floor jack under your front axle... put a strap underneath your floor jack and around your axle follow me?... then start crankin on your floor jack until your suspension is fully compressed..

to fully extend it you could put something across the bottom of your frame rails above your axle and use a bottle jack off the top of your axle in the center of course

pm sent:awesomework:

as far as the driveline goes, you have way to much slip for your app, so what i would do is instead of cut your tube more from the looks of it you could only cut it an inch or two.. just chop a few inches off both ends of your new d line slip..

to get a better idea on your Dline length you would need to fully compress the suspension and fully extend it, the way i would do it would be to put a floor jack under your front axle... put a strap underneath your floor jack and around your axle follow me?... then start crankin on your floor jack until your suspension is fully compressed..
to fully extend it you could put something across the bottom of your frame rails above your axle and use a bottle jack off the top of your axle in the center of course

:eeek: Shouldnt this strap go under the jack and attach to the frame on both sides to compress or "hold down the rig" ?

alright i will do that tommoro but with the frame rails :awesomework: