• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

ibrokeit said:
I really enjoy watching Duck Dynasty, don't get me wrong, but I hate how Duck Commander/ Duck Dynasty has sold out. Duck Dynasty board game? Robertsons Chia-Pet's? The Si-Pad at Clayton trailer-houses? "Duck Commander" brand selling at Walmart? Next they are going to have Duck Dynasty tampons. And partner up with summers eve with some Duck Dynasty Douche's. Its a shame.

Like you wouldn't do the same thing? They make a crap ton of money but it doesn't seem to have changed them. Well other than Willie....
I like Duck Dynasty because of what they stand for. The principles that once made this country great. Its almost like God is making a comeback since the most watched TV show on the planet end with a prayer around the dinner table. thumb.gif

The thing I don't understand is knowing the religous views of the family, why would anyone expect a different answer?

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Like you wouldn't do the same thing? They make a crap ton of money but it doesn't seem to have changed them. Well other than Willie....
I like Duck Dynasty because of what they stand for. The principles that once made this country great. Its almost like God is making a comeback since the most watched TV show on the planet end with a prayer around the dinner table. thumb.gif

That's what I was talking about, Matt. Like I said, I love the show, and love what they stand for. No problems there at all. We have it set up on the DVR and look forward to watching every week.

Minus the weirdo part,

nawlh0h.jpg

BUG-E J said:
The thing I don't understand is knowing the religous views of the family, why would anyone expect a different answer?

Yup. Like jpony said, I think it was almost a set up. They knew it was going to cause controversy and ruffle feathers which, sadly, improves ratings. Which is the bottom line for these companies. Rating. Its a sad world that we are living in.

patooyee said:
How many plan to continue watching the show? You know if you do A&E wins.

I think that there won't be any shows without Phil in them. A&E is just trying to CYA against all the gays/liberals and not loose their viewership from other A&E shows. Ducky Dynasty is their cash cow right now. No way they will keep him off.

ibrokeit said:
I think that there won't be any shows without Phil in them. A&E is just trying to CYA against all the gays/liberals and not loose their viewership from other A&E shows. Ducky Dynasty is their cash cow right now. No way they will keep him off.

They're in the middle of a pre-recorded season right now, aren't they? My DVR is still picking up new episodes, I'm pretty sure. Saying, "I'm going to quit watching ... as soon as this season is over," doesn't quite send the right message. :)

Like Andrew posted on FB, 2% of the country is LGBT. Why do we let them run us? Why is A&E more worried about loosing them than the rest of us??? Unless it is all just a stunt. They're in the off season right now ... maybe they figure they'll clear it all up in time not to miss an episode. I have noticed a lot more scripted BS scenarios this season ... maybe they're just running out of material.

patooyee said:
They're in the middle of a pre-recorded season right now, aren't they? My DVR is still picking up new episodes, I'm pretty sure. Saying, "I'm going to quit watching ... as soon as this season is over," doesn't quite send the right message. :)

Like Andrew posted on FB, 2% of the country is LGBT. Why do we let them run us? Why is A&E more worried about loosing them than the rest of us???

I know they are taking a mini-break until mid January, I believe.

patooyee said:
Like Andrew posted on FB, 2% of the country is LGBT. Why do we let them run us? Why is A&E more worried about loosing them than the rest of us??? Unless it is all just a stunt. They're in the off season right now ... maybe they figure they'll clear it all up in time not to miss an episode. I have noticed a lot more scripted BS scenarios this season ... maybe they're just running out of material.

Sadly, there is also a very large % of the population that stand behind LGBT and will also be boycotting A&E.

BTW, did anyone read the interview with GQ? I thought that was supposed to be a men's magazine ... but the interviewer sounds like an absolute ******, scared of all of Phil's weapons and such. He brings them up constantly throughout the interview as if they're a huge cock that he wants to suck but is also kind of afraid of.

I wish the G&L groups would push for A&E to stop showing the episodes with Phil right now. That would force A&E to choose between political correctness and money. I would have a strong feeling the money win out.

patooyee said:
BTW, did anyone read the interview with GQ? I thought that was supposed to be a men's magazine ... but the interviewer sounds like an absolute ******, scared of all of Phil's weapons and such. He brings them up constantly throughout the interview as if they're a huge cock that he wants to suck but is also kind of afraid of.

Men's magazine? molaugh Sure it is, if you're into hair gel, fake black rimmed glasses and argyle sweaters..................................