• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air bag leveling kit???

Neal3000 said:
Do airbag kits help reduce the truck bouncing effect from the weight of the trailer?
Air bags increase the spring rate of the suspension.... thus they reduce bottoming out.... shocks arrest movement.... soooo if you mean one bounce then yes.... if you mean "boing boing boing" lol then no

gottagofast said:
Air bags increase the spring rate of the suspension.... thus they reduce bottoming out.... shocks arrest movement.... soooo if you mean one bounce then yes.... if you mean "boing boing boing" lol then no

No i mean when you hit a little dip going 70 on the interstate and your trailer tansfers that motion to the rear end of the truck

I put a set Timbern suspension load dump stops on my truck, cheaper then airbags and your truck well keep its factory ride hight. Plus there is nothing to air up/down and your don't have to worry about a bag blowing out. They make them for small trucks to big rigs.

Oh I put them on a C8500 dump truck, and they are rated at 15000lbs each. Just took off factory bump stops and bolted the Timbern in to place.
You might want to look into these, they are not as expensive as airbags and work great. Pic is what some of them look like

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 95
For small to Medium duty trucks, there wasn't much difference in price in the Timbren and air bag set ups.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Same kit with a different part number. I will post up some before and after in a separate thread. Thanks for answering some questions I didn't post and for pointing me to a kit that I didn't ask about :dblthumb:
Anything for you Kel, im not sure what that kit even fits, I just picked one off of Amazon, that was same bags I have

Re: Air bag leveling kit?

tcDawg said:
The instructions on my AirLift airbags said to leave around 10 PSI in the bags rather than deflating all the way.

My airbags said 10 psi min also. Unlike others have said, I hated mine and took them off. Towing was fine but rode horrible when not towing.
Reading the posts make me curious why now. I may have to put them back on now just to see.

Neal3000 said:
No i mean when you hit a little dip going 70 on the interstate and your trailer tansfers that motion to the rear end of the truck

Well the higher spring rate will make it less likely to bottom out but it will still bounce back.... shocks are what will reduce the rebound

Re: Air bag leveling kit?

rpf500 said:
My airbags said 10 psi min also. Unlike others have said, I hated mine and took them off. Towing was fine but rode horrible when not towing.
Reading the posts make me curious why now. I may have to put them back on now just to see.

Yes mine rides rough with nothing hooked to it. I let the air completely out, which I assumed wasnt good for the bags, but it rides a lot better. :dunno:

Got mine in today. They should be installed soonish. Next up on the docket is the stretch of the frame, brake lines and driveshaft.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk