• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Bumps

little crawler

I am looking to get some air bumps for the Bronco. Are they all pretty much the same? Is there any place you would recomend getting them from?
Thanks for the help.

still waiting for my reply lol

The only differences ive seen are: Urethane pads on the contact area to quiet the noise of contact, Some are aluminum and noisey on contact. The other difference are the cans that hold them. Some are poorly engineered and allow the bump to slide up in the can.

The only differences ive seen are: Urethane pads on the contact area to quiet the noise of contact, Some are aluminum and noisey on contact. The other difference are the cans that hold them. Some are poorly engineered and allow the bump to slide up in the can.

Thank you for some insight. So if I got some with aluminum pads could i have them hit on UMHW to quiet this?
Thanks all again for your input

they work good for driveway posing?

:rolleyes: figure with all the builds you do and the extent you build to(leaf spring builds ooohhh aaaahhhhh) you "might" have had more "tech" to add other than a smartass comment. :awesomework: way to go hero... Your got him real good.

So on to the air bumps.... Bottom line is you get what you pay for. but there is a "value" ratio for alot of brands... or you can "over spend"
FOA I look at as the "walmart brand" of shocks.. I'm going to say the same with bumps... does this make them bad... not really but the quality of product will not be up to par with a better brand (SAW, King, FOX, Bilstein.) for the deal Nate has on those bumps it certainly has the "value" side going for it... As for other brands of bumps.. had mosly failures with the Rock Equipment bumps but had great luck with Radflo.. the price was good the product looked good and was very reliable(their shocks are "ok" at best). the other thing to take into acount is how hard you will be using them.. if your heading to the dunes and will only be into them on big G-outs you may want to get something that is not going to come apart. BUT if you have a fair amount of uptravel and may only be hitting them once in a while than a cheaper bump (or a deal) may be your best bet.

One thing to add from what I have experianced--an air bump is only as good as the mount it sits in---just something to remember....

One thing to add from what I have experianced--an air bump is only as good as the mount it sits in---just something to remember....

The King mounting cans are the best I have seen out of every style and they have a thick aluminum cap that protects the schrader valve.

Attachments

• 1bump%20001.jpg
    1bump%20001.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 225
I would get 2.5 air bumps if you want to come down soft. 2.0's are for little rigs:awesomework:

:rolleyes: figure with all the builds you do and the extent you build to(leaf spring builds ooohhh aaaahhhhh) you "might" have had more "tech" to add other than a smartass comment. :awesomework: way to go hero... Your got him real good.

I only offer advice on things I have experience with.

I dont like posers pretending to have experience and offering advice based on driveway posing.

I build and wheel, some folks just build and read. Man you got me really good.

Hey thanks all for your input. I do have about 7" of up travel and am on a way tight budget if I get into TTC so im going to have to budget as much as I can and still have quality. If it gets me through TTC I will be happy. Thanks Jason,Crash,Nate and everybody that helped put tech in here and the help. I need it LOL.

i believe the preferred can to mount them are called pin style, they have a hard stop built into the top of the can and the bump slides in from the bottom and is held in the can with a 7/8ths nut. there is a locating pin.

i am using radflo as he had a good deal advertized on pirate.

I have Radflos too........mine have a groove ~ .25 of the way up the side of the bump body. In this groove is a round open ended ring/clip. I took the inside of the bottom edge,of the mounting can,and REVERSE chamfered it so it DRIVES the round clip INTO the groove. The more pressure that is exerted vertically on the bump body the more the CAN pushs the clip towards the center of the bump. I use my bumps alot and after two years of use, WITHOUT the can being SUPER tight just snug,no problems works great @ least for me.

Radflows aren't like that anymore.

My radflows have a positive stop built into the bumpstop, pretty much the bottom cap is a collar now.