• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air impact

youngbuk

I'm tired of the old craftsman turd I have had for over 10 years and ready for a new gun. I was just wondering what everyone has had good luck with as far as brand and model for the best affordable gun? I'm not looking for a $500 gun either something under $300 and preferably under $200 that will hang with the big dogs? Oh and half in drive also.

Re: Re: Air impact

My Husky from the HomoDepot has been a good trooper for 3 years now.
I think it was a lil under 200$ and ive kept it oiled good and water outa the tank.

Gun is rated at 650ft/lbs. Only thing I can think of it hasnt busted loose was a couple pinion nuts and a rusty 20year old leaf spring bolt.

Its heavy...but works. Ive used some 1/2 weight snapon stuff that would put it to shame....albeit for nearly 800$ more ;D

I've got a snap on that's a beast but I think they are pricey , I bought it as a repo for 100$ off snap on truck , a guy bought it... Didn't use it and didn't pay it off so they repode it and sold to me! Some of the IR stuff is pretty good and priced
Cheaper

IR Oil it regularly and it will last a long time at home. I use mine daily in rough conditions and they last me about 3 yrs.

IR no doubt, had mine for over 10 years, maybe been oiled twice, always gets used where there is water in the air lines, set the lift down on it once, dropped hundreds of times, and still hits like a prize fighter! I recently bought the dewalt 20v lithium ion impact and my old IR hits harder than it does. A guy I work with was bragging on his air cat, I could come borrow it if mine wouldn't break something loose, blah blah, I took a honda crank bolt out for him with mine when his wouldn't budge it. :dblthumb:

i recommend the ir as well. i have had one for a while. someone else was kind enough to lock it up for me. ive been needing to replace it, but my backup has been getting me by.

Titanium IR good ass gun

I've got a crapsman as well and that turd bleed so much air out and around the action its one step above junk.

Looks like I will be looking into IR. where is the best place to get one as far as price and warranty or anything like that?

Sears! Ingersol composite they have a craftsman and a IR version get the IR so you can buy rebuild parts down the road! $299 looked at them last week

Re: Re: Air impact

This sucker is bad ass. I bought it a few months ago. Have spun several other guns including snap ons 1/2" drive.

http://www.aircat.com/products/item/47/

IR. I work for a locomotive service company. All our guys use the IR Titanium. They are used in the worst conditions daily. Rain, mud, dirt, dust, and they hardly ever see any oil. These impacts get threw around in service trucks and on the ground all day. I've yet to see one fail. On the IR's you can walk in to about any industrial supply store and pick up the O-Ring and clip that holds the socket on.

I just bought two new aircats today (3/8 500ft lbs & 1/2 1150ft lbs) make u a sweet deal on a catapillar (snapon) 3/8 & a aircat 1/2. Both rd about 4 years old. Both work great, I just upgraded because the company I work for gives us a tool allowance u either use or lose. $300 4 both and I will throw n a ir brand electric impact and drill. Only have one battery for the electric stuff worth a flip.