• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air impact

IR titanium with the composite body. Strongest impact I've ever owned. Use it everyday and its light weight

wannabe said:
IR titanium with the composite body. Strongest impact I've ever owned. Use it everyday and its light weight

I like mine as well. It looked like **** when I bought it used. I also wound up with one that looked almost new, but came in a bag with several broken parts.

Ebay. **** paying 200+ for a new one. Search for matco/mac/cornwell too as the sell their own versions of IR and Aircat. I've seen alot of them go for less than $100.

I use IR Titaniums every day at work in some if the harshest, nastiest environments you can imagine. From 1/2" all the way up to 1-1/2" drive. They're beasts. I've dropped my 1/2" over 20' off of a scaffold onto concrete before, I climbed down and got and finished the job with it, and it's still going today.

ive got a couple air cats, and while they are nice, light weight and strong. the trigger is crazy sensitive. i cant tell you how mnay times i go walking to find a swivel socket that it has thrown across the shop. my 3/8 aircat is so strong you have to turn it down or it just tears **** up :****:

Re: Re: Re: Air impact

wannabe said:
ive got a couple air cats, and while they are nice, light weight and strong. the trigger is crazy sensitive. i cant tell you how mnay times i go walking to find a swivel socket that it has thrown across the shop. my 3/8 aircat is so strong you have to turn it down or it just tears **** up :****:

I have noticed the same. Sucker has some balls.

I have an aircat TC1000 (twin clutch) and several aircat TH1150's i have ordered for our commercial tire shop. We tear sockets up more now than when we used IR guns, they are quieter and seem to last longer before getting weak.

If you have an aircat plan to replace your cheap socket sets when they start splitting.

I own a Snap On and it doesn't compare to the Ingersoll-Rand and cost twice as much . I've used a IR 2135TI in the steel mill I've work at for years. It is some of the harshest and nastiest places you can imagine. They are as strong as hell for a 1/2 impact and they last. When they do have issues it is generally due to lack of oiling.