• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air intakes

jeff since your close you can give it to me. im gonna head out there sunday since i owe mrs. crash shirt money

I'm heading out there Sunday as well it looks like.. Going to throw a turbo and the air filter on.. So if you want me to bring up the money I can do that :redneck: . If not, I might see ya up there.

I'm heading out there Sunday as well it looks like.. Going to throw a turbo and the air filter on.. So if you want me to bring up the money I can do that :redneck: . If not, I might see ya up there.

You hookin Mike up with an HX35?

It may seem stupid Mike based on feedback on the bomber board but the HX35 will make a huge difference when you get a fueling box. As for the BS about loosing low end for towing...just talk to Jake.

It may seem stupid Mike based on feedback on the bomber board but the HX35 will make a huge difference when you get a fueling box. As for the BS about loosing low end for towing...just talk to Jake.

The funny thing is... as far as I know. None of those guys have towed with an HY9... I agree though, the HX35 will be much better. And there is no way he is going to notice any low end loss.

I just threw my old PDR35 onto a friends truck. So I called him up and said I'm taking his stocker :D . He absolutely babied the thing. When he hit 27 psi he'd let off the throttle. I forced him to hit just over 40 once we put the PDR turbo on.. :awesomework:

It may seem stupid Mike based on feedback on the bomber board but the HX35 will make a huge difference when you get a fueling box.

yeah, like i said over there when he gets a fueling box it'll make a difference... but like his question stated, he's got a stock truck and it'll make little to no difference on a stock truck... he's still limited to 27-28 pounds of boost until he gets some sort of "boost fooler" so he's still well within the opperating ranges of the hy-9, and will have better bottom end... if jeff can get the turbo for him for free then, hell yeah, throw it on, but if he was going to buy it, save the money and buy something worth while...

The HY will not make that much boost...you have the HX35

If you have enough fuel it will. How long it survives is a different story.:awesomework:

You will lose low end going to an hx35/12. The housing is larger it phyically cannot spool faster, it takes more fuel and when your truck is stock it will take longer to spool.:jerkit:

You will lose low end going to an hx35/12. The housing is larger it phyically cannot spool faster, it takes more fuel and when your truck is stock it will take longer to spool.:jerkit:

wait a minute.. is that like saying an HX40 is laggy and can't tow? :fawkdancesmiley:

ahhhh damn 24 valves! oh well the turbo still flows more :flipoff: . We gotta get Crash into a new Tranny... Hey Crash I got Rips number :redneck:

If you have enough fuel it will. How long it survives is a different story.:awesomework:

Who really cares how fast a turbo spools up in a single application when the POS will only make 15psi of boost?

And for the record, it don't matter how much fuel you throw at an HY35 it will not make more than 15psi of boost...ask Jake.

Who really cares how fast a turbo spools up in a single application when the POS will only make 15psi of boost?

And for the record, it don't matter how much fuel you throw at an HY35 it will not make more than 15psi of boost...ask Jake.

Um, then why have they been used in twin applications... and yes they will make much much more than 15 psi... stock their regulated to 27-28, and once you have some sort of "boost fooler" it'll easily make 40+ but not efficiently...

Um, then why have they been used in twin applications... and yes they will make much much more than 15 psi... stock their regulated to 27-28, and once you have some sort of "boost fooler" it'll easily make 40+ but not efficiently...

Learn how to read, I said in a "single" application :rolleyes:

and once again, Jakes HY35 would not make more than 15psi regardless of fuel. So either you are all full of **** or maybe his turbo was wacked.

Learn how to read, I said in a "single" application :rolleyes:

read my the rest of my post and all the other post i've made... :awesomework: I brought the twin thing up to show that they will make much much more than 15psi... there must have been some sort of problem, because he should have been making much more boost than that...

Last edited: