• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air shocks

Damnyankee

I'm trying to figure out what time of "suspension devise i want on the new project.

The rig is definately getting 3 link front and 4 link rear.

what im' up in the air about is if i want to run

Coil springs,
Air shocks
ORI struts.
and if i win the lottery, coil overs.

at the moment, i'm leaning toward air shocks rear, and ORI struts in the front.

I know sweet FAWK all about air shocks.. can somebody help me with the inns and outs? Basically i need to know how well they will perform. or if i'm better off going a different route.

Rig is a 77 datsun King cab, HPD60/14bff and SBC.

I would start with fox 2.0 front and rear get them from Downsouth motor sports for the best pricing

I have ORI's on my list of **** to buy when I win the lottery they are not cheap $600 per strut And the wait time can some times be 6+ weeks

We would run King 2.5s front and rear. The bigger the shock, the more load / adjustments you have. You can boost spring rates in a hurry and you can also play with valving with more forgiving results. Air shocks will heat up quickly if used for any type of speed work. So if your going to be crawling or just trail snailing it, they work great! Less weight and super adjustable. Oil volume, valving, nitrogen charge can all be adjusted with great results.

King does make a 2.0, but they are more $ than Fox... We would also place an air bump for the last 2 to 4 inches depending on your over all travel needs. just to keep the air shocks from going metal to metal.

Sounds like an awesome build!:D

We would run King 2.5s front and rear. The bigger the shock, the more load / adjustments you have. You can boost spring rates in a hurry and you can also play with valving with more forgiving results. Air shocks will heat up quickly if used for any type of speed work. So if your going to be crawling or just trail snailing it, they work great! Less weight and super adjustable. Oil volume, valving, nitrogen charge can all be adjusted with great results.

King does make a 2.0, but they are more $ than Fox... We would also place an air bump for the last 2 to 4 inches depending on your over all travel needs. just to keep the air shocks from going metal to metal.

Sounds like an awesome build!:D

i'm hoping so.
rig will be used to go play in the mud bogs.. but primary purpose will be now wheeling. i'll keep the bush pig for trails as she works pretty good.

Cool! If we can help out, just drop us a line. We have the lowest pricing on Kings if you are buying all four at the same time. :corn:
If not, Fox does make a great shock. We are just not direct distributors for them. :redneck:

I would run sway aways there cheaper than foxs and they don't pull apart, and your good for about 800lbs per corner. I hear u don't need bump stops cuz there bumped inside the shock. Ay least that's what poly performance says

We have not had very good luck with sway-a-ways... While cheaper... Valving is very hard to dial in for some reason. It is either too harsh or too soft. That has been our experience... we run Sway-a-Ways on the rear of our 4-Runner right now.... As soon as we can afford to replace them with Kings we will be.

LandPiratesOffRoad049.jpg