• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alaska Off-road Warriors

After watching this thread unfold, I have agreed for the most part.

We really have to remember that no matter what hobby you are involved in, as soon as main stream tv tries to put together a show, it's guaranteed to be cheesy and inaccurate. It's made to cater to the average joe who is clueless.

This was solidified by a co worker who asked me the other day if i had seen the show. I said of course. I have watched every episode.

He said, dude I almost nutted in my pants. That show was awesome. He said those are the kinds of daily driver rigs I like man. I want to do that so bad. Makes me want to buy an old Toyota and expedition wheel.

It became clear that was the goal of the show. Not to cater to the serious enthusiast but just to plant a seed of offroad gayness

On the (IHO) Indiana Hoosier offroad facebook group page a friend of mine posted that she has talked to one of the drivers. I guess he has told her the editing that is done in a way to create a more dramatic tv show and less about wheeling (clearly). I wish the show showed more of what the guys are having to get over and through. Once i stopped to think about it-The camera crew or crews must have their own rigs. It must be a hard show to film. Not only do they have to drive the same path as the teams but they must film at the same time.

After really stopping to think about the show i like it. I will watch season two if they happen to have one.

Re:

Yeah I been watching, I actually ended up on a rover board where Jason posts a lot, he is less douchey in person LOL!! yeah I will continue to watch and would love to try the same trek.

infamous1 said:
Yeah I been watching, I actually ended up on a rover board where Jason posts a lot, he is less douchey in person LOL!! yeah I will continue to watch and would love to try the same trek.
Thats all you are is a trashy lower 48er. I bet you pee on trees then cut em down and run em over just say you can. Gosh dang you people. If you don't own a defender 90 might as well hang yourself with an extension cord......

Lol the show is entertaining to say the least

There's a 30 page thread about this on pirate4x4, Carl Jantz and few of the camera crew guys are on it. Basically, the whole thing is somewhat fake. Super Jeep hitting the holes and getting stuck is all part of the script and as for the drama, we'll it's part of the script as well. Also, the rigs are limited to 37" tires and the only pre - built rig is super jeep. The others bought their **** before going on the show. Also, Wild Bill, the guy riding with that idiot Butch, is a fairly popular wheeler in AK. His go to rig is a bad ass FJ40, but they wouldn't allow it on the show. To add to the BS, these guys aren't even crossing AK, they're trailering on paved roads between different trails. That's how they're refueling and doing repairs. And, the serious crack in super jeep isn't the bumper, it's actually in the frame where he stretched the wheelbase.

The race competition is somewhat real, but all the editing, drama, and the candy-ass' d stupid driving is all Hollywood.

BPINAZ said:
There's a 30 page thread about this on pirate4x4, Carl Jantz and few of the camera crew guys are on it. Basically, the whole thing is somewhat fake. Super Jeep hitting the holes and getting stuck is all part of the script and as for the drama, we'll it's part of the script as well. Also, the rigs are limited to 37" tires and the only pre - built rig is super jeep. The others bought their **** before going on the show. Also, Wild Bill, the guy riding with that idiot Butch, is a fairly popular wheeler in AK. His go to rig is a bad ass FJ40, but they wouldn't allow it on the show. To add to the BS, these guys aren't even crossing AK, they're trailering on paved roads between different trails. That's how they're refueling and doing repairs. And, the serious crack in super jeep isn't the bumper, it's actually in the frame where he stretched the wheelbase.

The race competition is somewhat real, but all the editing, drama, and the candy-ass' d stupid driving is all Hollywood.

gayyyyyyyyy link to butt pirate please

I still want to do it. But they should change the format to an Ultimate Adventure type layout since they trailer them between trails anyway. Start in Auburn and leapfrog to Harlan or Rauch Creek. Run from one end of a park to another using the trails and not the gravel roads.

I think the ifs 4 runner tryin start rally raceing they bout layed her on her side comein round that corner. booyang

clemsonjeep said:
Why the hell did super jeep just go up that ditch?

...and the commentator just said it has 37" tires

No ****! I tried to watch this show again, turned it on just as he went up that ditch, and was wondering...why? There was no trail there. Then they showed the Cruiser driving up a slight hill on a gravel road and said "climbing" The mullet guy was scared of heights and freaking out in the passenger seat...I've seen more hardcore Subaru commercials :gay:

I'm waiting on somebody to rearrange that smart mouthed tree huggers grill for him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridenrace6 said:
I'm waiting on somebody to rearrange that smart mouthed tree huggers grill for him lol

Who? Rover douche? I would have run Super Jeeps stupid aluminum fenders all down the side of that thing when I passed him in the mudhole. :****:

Re: Re: Alaska Off-road Warriors

zukimaster said:
God! I would love to bring super mullet Butch with me to RBD next year!
He would bump his noggin soon as you flopped and probably go into a coma.