• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alternatives to yeti cooler

Toddy

Are there any cheaper but good small cooler that are as good as Yeti? My dad is retired and helps my brother in his landscape business. He always has a cooler full of coke and snacks. Looking to get him a nice cooler. What options are there other then yeti for a smallish cooler?

Guy at work sales Orka but another guy has one and is not impressed. It's gonna be in the bed of his truck almost every day during the summer so need something that will hold up to sun light and getting beat around a bit.

Only other one I have seen that does as good is Pelican but I'm sticking with my Yeti's

Lookup K2 coolers. We have one and have put it to the test against friends yeti's and it will out perform them 100% of the time.
We bought one from the scratch and dent section 50 series or quart. Can't even tell it was damaged, had one little spot of discoloration the size of a pencil eraser.

Re: Re: Alternatives to yeti cooler

Canyon coolers, Grizzly coolers, Ingel coolers all make coolers like Yeti but cheaper. I've used them all including and they all are about the same.

Re:

Why the hate on a yeti? If you have to compare something to see if it is as good why bother? What is the $20-$50 difference worth? Merry Christmas, here is one that is as good but nobody will recognize it and when you have issues the company will be out of business. I could a got you a recognizable name brand but I went out to eat with the difference. I have a couple of yetis and a couple of orcas, main difference is when I use my orca everybody says "is that like a yeti?" I just got tired of explaining made in TN, just as good.... so I bought a yeti for my buggy. Fit and finish there is no comparison, yeti is not noted as the best for no reason. Just my .02¢.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Re:

In use a Coleman cooler in the bed of my truck spring, summer, and fall. It keeps my water cold and might not be as cool, or bad ass as a Yeti but it works and it's not two paychecks to buy...

yeti_zps20beac07.jpg

I can only only comment on my yeti, as I've not tried the others. I will say mine was on a fabbed up cooler carrier when I rolled my rig. The first (or maybe 2nd) roll/hit it took almost the full impact of the roll. It creased the lid on the corner a bit and that's it. Still seals tight and didn't even crack. I'm sold after that. I literally threw mine down the side of a mountain attached to my rig and it survived with some trail cred and a good story. You can't say that about any Coleman cooler I've owned.

Just to throw it out there, the new YETI's no longer sport the "Proudly made in the USA".

From my experience, the K2 proved to be the better cooler. We had a comparable YETI beside it and the black K2 in the sunlight all weekend held ice through Sunday when the YETI was used up by Saturday evening.