• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

American Sniper review

al1tonyota said:
Watched it last week. Movie really bothered me, kind of a reminder of what some of my buddies have been through and seen, also the lack of respect that military active and vets receive! Good movie but not your average war movie!
IMO it's the best war movie out. It shows what really goes on over there instead of the bullshit they try to feed us in how it is.

Best movie I've ever seen

Re:

We experienced the same thing when we watched last night on base. I have never seen a theater empty out in silence before and there were several people crying as we exited. Excellent movie!

infamous1 said:
Went last nite with the wifey. Good movie. When it ended it was the quietest movie theater I have ever been in, no one got up when the credits started running they just sat there.

wannabe said:
Is that the whole movie?

Yes

smbroady82 said:
How is that legal ?

Have no idea but it flashes at bottom of screen that it is watermarked if you download it cant be copied and that its just on loan for you to watch

wont work said:
Yes

Have no idea but it flashes at bottom of screen that it is watermarked if you download it cant be copied and that its just on loan for you to watch

Its still not legal. That is a screener sent out to committees and crap to watch before the actual release.

1tonxj said:
IMO it's the best war movie out. It shows what really goes on over there instead of the bullshit they try to feed us in how it is.

Best movie I've ever seen

This is what I feel as well. I feel we as Americans need ALOT more truth in our life. If we had it wouldnt have as many people complaining about the war and all. Excellent movie and wouldnt expect anything different from Clint Eastwood. Still think Ted Nugent needs to direct a movie too.

I ended up watching it twice already. The first time I had to keep explaining why we were doing certain things or why did Bradley Cooper take his Kevlar off and put on a ball cap. So after all of that I asked my wife to go in another room and let me watch it again.

Going to see it Tuesday with my FIL. I have thought about taking my son to see it. I want him to know what some of our men and women serving go through.

Now he is 11! I'm sure there is some language but those that have seen it should I wait till he is a little older or do you think he would be ok.

Although the wife would probably shoot me if I take him.

It has some very strong language I wouldn't take my 11 year old. It is very graphic as well I'd say it would be very hard for him to process that and take it all in But this movie has done a great job showing the mindset of a special forces soldier and any other soldier that is a hard charger.

BroncoMike95 said:
Going to see it Tuesday with my FIL. I have thought about taking my son to see it. I want him to know what some of our men and women serving go through.

Now he is 11! I'm sure there is some language but those that have seen it should I wait till he is a little older or do you think he would be ok.

Although the wife would probably shoot me if I take him.

Very good movie. I went with my wife last night. It gave me a better aspect of what my brother went through. He was a Marine sniper that did 2 tours. It wasn't easy watching the struggles that Chris Kyle went through at home bc I saw how it affected my brother. Now I want to read the book to get an even better perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think the graphic content would be worse than the language. IMO, the language was not as bad as most movies of it's kind.

I was thinking of taking my 9 year old son today, but now I have my doubts that I should take him. I try not to shield him from these things, I think he should know what our soilders and American heroes go through.

As a side note I took him to see Lone Survivor, how would you all say this compares in language and graphic nature?

bigsilly said:
I was thinking of taking my 9 year old son today, but now I have my doubts that I should take him. I try not to shield him from these things, I think he should know what our soilders and American heroes go through.

As a side note I took him to see Lone Survivor, how would you all say this compares in language and graphic nature?

Worse in language. Same or slightly better in graphic nature.

Latest posts