• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AN fittings/plumbing questions

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
Let me just say that I suck at plumbing, always have. Deleting the bud light coolant overflow bottle and Gatorade PS catch can on the buggy (temporary makeshift stuff to get on the trail). :gtfo:

What I'm trying to do is plumb in my PSC reservoir vent to a catch can. Catch can has a -6 AN male flare fitting on the bottom, reservoir has the funky 90 degree fitting with the plastic 1/4" Parker hose that pushes in the fitting and locks in place.

Radiator is all aluminum Toyota truck replacement, has the stock size nipple, going to another -6 AN on the catch can. I have one -6AN 90 degree push lock, barb, whatever, fitting.

Trying to make it look good with out all the plastic different size hose coupling junk. Help a :afro: out!

c35267cc0972ae4c3729c5dda811700f.jpg

Upgrade to a COORS aluminum bottle!

Pictars, nothing wrong with the aluminum beer bottles, just want something nicer. :dblthumb:

Both have the same fitting on them, -6AN flare.

So you aren't wanting to just use push loc hose from one fitting to the other? Is the radiator overflow/catch can vented? If not don't use it when it gets hot it can't expand and will balloon the flues in your radiator! (Experience!!!) As for connecting everything I would use an to push lock and be done with it!

al1tonyota said:
So you aren't wanting to just use push loc hose from one fitting to the other? I do want to use push locks, just don't know what size/which ones to get.
Is the radiator overflow/catch can vented? If not don't use it when it gets hot it can't expand and will balloon the flues in your radiator! (Experience!!!) Nope not vented, didn't notice that until I got it out of the box today, going to have to add a vent for it, maybe like a diff vent on the top or something.

As for connecting everything I would use an to push lock and be done with it! Got to figure out which fitting will fit in the top of the PS reservoir, but that's the plan.

Thinking this will screw on radiator overflow,
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/100221/10002/-1

Then this should get me to the right hose size to go to the radiator,
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/105070/10002/-1

Not sure if this will thread in the reservoir top and the use the 3/8 hose to the catch can, but without a swivel it will be a pita to unscrew the cap,
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/16027/10002/-1

Are you sure they are AN and not jic? In either case just get a fitting that will screw on with a 1/4" nipple and run a piece of hose from rad to overflow. Drill and tap a 1/8 Pipe thread hole and get a brass breather filter simple done! Ps resi to breather fitting from breather to 1/8" pipe - 1/8" pipe to pex 1/4" looks like? I know you have already bought that fancy breather but a brass filter in the ps cap would've been fine too!

Didn't think about the brass breather filter, thanks! Really wanted a catch can with the roll over valve for the PS fluid since it's beside the exhaust.

Upon closer inspection, the coolant overflow bottle has a plug screwed in the cap from underneath that blocked a very tiny hole in the center of the cap, removed and now it's vented. Found a 1/4 threaded 3/8 hose barb fitting from ace hardware that screws in the ps resevoir cap, so that's good to go. Thanks for the help and ideas.