• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Android app permissions

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
discuss this. I was going to put the photobucket app on my phone and it wanted permission to see what numbers I'm talking to, where I am with tower triangulation, access to my contacts and info, etc. why the **** would all of this be needed. I've seen some apps that let you unallow, but which ones do I trust, which ones work, which ones Fup the app so it doesn't work. Pretty frustrated with it, but I use my phone for my business, and I don't need my customers' info grabbed by anyone for any reason.

You go to install it, you can click "agree to all terms and conditions" box. I don't know if I want to agree, so I click the "view permissions" or something like that. I wanted to look into what the terms were.
The stuff I said above it what came up. You're right, if you don't look into it, and just agree, you automatically agree to stuff. You should watch the Apple Icentipede episode of south park.

Here,

System tools: prevent phone from sleeping, keeps it up so my battery goes down
retrieve running apps: allows PB to get info about currently and recently runing tasks. May allow malicious apps to discover private info about other apps

Network communication: allows app to create network sockets (wtf is that)

Your location: Access coarse location sources (towers) Malware may use this to see where u are

Auto start at boot: it starts before other ****, making startup slower and always run once on

Set wallpaper: allows app to set the system wallpaper

Network state: allows app to view the state of all networks.

Maybe it was another one that said they could get my contact list and see what numbers I'm calling and being called by. I thought it was PB, and the phone went another way while I was reading the list and typing, so maybe it was farther down.

If you get the android assistant app it lets you decide which apps to kill and which ones to keep going. That way PB cant stay on all the time. There are also some other slick features of it. thumb.gif

I just swapped to android also and wondering the same things :****:

I got the app killer but they just start right back a few mins later WTF??????

I just figure the phone is smarter than me, so I just click OHWELL.

True story, I had just got my phone and downloaded the cardiotracker for riding mountain bikes. It keeps track of how many miles you rode, the average and fastest speed, plus it gives you a course of where you went on a map. Pretty cool right, well I saw a option to play music. I tap the button and as I'm riding I keep hearing Kellogg Construction. It was a digital phone add we did awhile back. I didn't even know I had even done an add like that. But evidently this phone thats smarter than me pulled it off my home computer and its know located in my music play list on my phone.

I don't even know if it even matters if someone has your info. I have numbers of people on my phone that it has pulled off my home computer that I will never call and don't even know who they are. Just click agree, the eye in the sky already knows where your at who your with and what your doing.

I have very little on my android and occasionally I get "low on space" so I delete pics and all that and still get the message. I agree with Brad agree and rock out the data is already out there ! laughing1

I know this is an old thread but Im trying out a galaxy s4 and the first app I went to download I got all the bs permission crap listed above - does everyone just accept and allow all that crap ?

Re: Re: Re: Android app permissions

onetoncrawler said:
I know this is an old thread but Im trying out a galaxy s4 and the first app I went to download I got all the bs permission crap listed above - does everyone just accept and allow all that crap ?

Most apps I've downloaded say most all that crap. I just accept and go on. I mean, it's either accept or do without. And like mentioned above, the gov. Can know whatever they want whenever they want...if they want to. ;D

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Android app permissions

Rokcrler said:
That's what I told him :****:

It's just like the ones this past winter lurking in the shadows being like "yaw are idiots for puttin pictures of your guns on here in the middle of Obama gun bill proposal ****".

If it came down to it, you can't hide **** from the government. So more/less.....fawk it.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...