• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another battery thread

whiskeymakin

So who makes what now?
Whats good, what sucks in the agm world...or are they all the same now?

Optima
Diehard
Napa
Odyssey
Might have missed a few....

I've been a big fan of the advance AGMs, especially once you factor in a 20% coupon

The Optima Red Top in my buggy is over 10 years old. Everyone says the newer ones are junk.

I've been a big fan of the advance AGMs, especially once you factor in a 20% coupon

I have had good luck out of the Advance AGM as well. Never had any dealings with Odyssey, but the Northstar AGM is a really good battery. It has been said 1k times, but the new Optimas are junk.

That ^ is very true. I'm pretty sure I know about where the op is located. If Battery Sales and Service in Nashville is not too far from you, they have Northstar AGM. They might have another option as well. Or if you have an Advance Auto parts close to you, their AGM battery is really good as well.

East Penn makes an "Intimidator" AGM that is supposed to be their competitive line to Optima. I've had one for 2 years now, no issues. My rig gets little use and I have been keeping a battery tender on it like I should, but it's doing great so far. East Penn makes batteries for many places and they are quality batteries. I also have their "normal" batteries in all our vehicles, no issues to date.

Ive used odyssey and been happy but its been the smaller pc925.
I need a larger one for this honda 450 motor and a volvo ps pump going....just dont want to spend 300 bucks on it, might have to though.
Would yall think a deep cycle battery would better suit this rig? I think so but im not sure how odyssey stacks up in the deep cylce world

For the last 2 years I have been slowly swapping over to Deka. I also have been selling them to customers for their vehicles. Zero complaints. Granted 2 years isn't a terribly long time.

I also chose Deka over the others because I have a local supplier that has a large variety in stock. A supplier that stands behind the products they sell.

I ran an Odyssey in my U4 rig, it was a great battery, never had any issues. With that being said, I've had good luck with Optima also. I think the key is never letting an Optima go completely dead and sit. I keep an Optima AGM charger on mine when I know it won't be used for a while and that seems to make them last.

Ive used odyssey and been happy but its been the smaller pc925.
I need a larger one for this honda 450 motor and a volvo ps pump going....just dont want to spend 300 bucks on it, might have to though.
Would yall think a deep cycle battery would better suit this rig? I think so but im not sure how odyssey stacks up in the deep cylce world
Have you already got the ps pump going? I want to try one.

My diehard is at least 7-8 years old and still going strong. But finding a Sears is a joke