• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another new build. Audio box (waterproof)

Silverado.on.rockstars

So, I've decided I want a box I can strap down, take up coalmine, put it on the dock, put on the toolbox in my truck, take bow fishing, canoeing, etc. So now the question. Metal or wooden. My plans are:
4 6.5 JL marines in rear off a 750w jl amp.
2 8s marines in the front off a 1000w
2 6x9 marines in the sides
1 15"sub off another amp
Bluetooth built in.
Xm.
6 cd chAnger.
Head unit with FM
PA system.
iPhone Dock
2 aux plugs
2 USB to radio(also charges)
2 12v plugs
2 bottle openers.
A top with for cup holder and LEDs in the cupholders
2 4" fans
3 1/4 gallon tub inside
LEDs in all speakers
On board charger.
4 5" rugged casters
2 marine battery's.
Power distribution box

Any more ideas? The big question becomes would or aluminum? Weight doesn't matter really, unless it's an insane amount. And what should I add? Or have I though of everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Another new build. Audio box (waterproof)

Thats going to be one heavy S.O.B. I like the idea though.

Re:

Have you drawn this up anywhere yet? If be interested in seeing the design. I would use mdf with glass over top to make it waterproof but could skin with other material.

Just maker sure the box is big enough to meet volume needs of the speakers if its sealed

All that stuff is going to make it heavy without the box. Might could use thick plexi or polycarb if you can work with that.

Yeah. I've already thought about air and all. I'm gonna use some 4" computer fans I have to vent it. And take a PB jar and cut it and seal it into the shelf inside. Unscrew the lid, turn on the fans, and it'll be vented. Weight.. We'll 5" AT casters from HF along with taking the four wheeler/truck/ etc closer, and big friends will help with weight.

Can someone tell me about the plexi/poly? I'm uneducated on that stuff.. I have drawn it off, I'll post some when I get home. Thanks for the comments guys. I just got to thinking about all the cooler radios and I wanted to do something different, something that people will be interested in. Maybe even build and sell some. Right now, I'm coming out around 2k. Plus the raft for it when we float the river

The raft will be made of 12" sealed PVC 6 foot long. Three pieces set like pontoons. And using some pallets for a floor.

I wouldn't worry about plexiglass or epoxy just build with birch (both the same density as mdf and about 40% lighter) and coat entire enclosure with gel coat it's amazing stuff and will definitely seal for moisture and give you a slick surface easy to paint on for a gloss finish with minimal sanding
This is a half wall I made in a Camaro a few years ago gel coat sprays just as paint does
ru8y2azu.jpg

As far as your fans are concerned are you gonna do both pulling or push/pull? Push pull method Is about 35% more efficient

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

IF you plan on really running all that stuff you listed, not only will it weigh a ass load, but if you play it turned way up, it will kill off the batteries less than a hour, I got a big system in my boat and will kill 2 of the biggest marine batteries that Interstate makes in about 30-45 minutes! but thats with it cranked way up

Damn. We'll I've added everything up and if it's all controlled, along with the number of speakers, no need to run it wide open, and I can hook it up to the generator on the raft.

Re:

May I suggest adding a few solar panels? Like they sale at oreilly and other stores, it's really low charge rate but it will help not letting the batteries completely die

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AND a generator on the raft?! Why not just buy a boat?

You must be talking about tieing a raft off to party on cause the Flint flows pretty good in most places and goes up and down daily.

Yeah. Has to be big enough for a party. That's what we do on the flint. And bow fish of it. I'm up in new market. Got anywhere from 8 foot to 1 foot of water. Soo. Plus a raft is easier than dragging a flat bottom

So. Anybody know where I can get 12" end caps? I found some left over sewer pipe at the cabin I forgot about. Used it. Mounted pallets for a light weight deck. Now I have to find caps. Lowes and HD doesn't have them. Only go up to eight. I'm lost ???? But the audio box is coming along. I bought all the wood and sealer. Using a router for the 8s and 6x9s with the templates that JL sent with them. And a hole saw for the 6.5s. Should be pretty nice,, I guess we'll see.

The boat, not only is the water too small, I thought it would be a waste, because I'll be using it in the back of my truck, garage, lake bank. Riverbank. All those places I'd just be burning gas in the boat and no water for the cooling. But if I do it to a generator, I can use it anywhere.

Also. Up on asking a friend whose a engineer, I have a new cooling idea and a new outlook on power. If I run the power to a +/- bolts on back, I can run the power to a dual battery set up, a plug in the wall, etc all with a adapter.

Latest posts