• 20w50 dino

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Boobies?

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

2slow4you

So, what do you guys run in your 22r/22re's for the winter months?

Last edited:
15w-40 year round. Used to run 10w-40. But fell in love with rotella once I started putting it in my duramax. All my gas engines get it now to:D Mines a 20r though

I've got 5w30 in mine right now. I was only going to run it for a few days to 'flush' because it's bulk oil, but no strange noises, so I'm gonna run it for a while. We'll see how the consumption increases with the lighter oil.

I've got 5w30 in mine right now. I was only going to run it for a few days to 'flush' because it's bulk oil, but no strange noises, so I'm gonna run it for a while. We'll see how the consumption increases with the lighter oil.

oh it will for sure

and i run 20-50 in all my yoda engines... i used to run 20-50 VR1 oil asper the engine builder advice, basiaclly he told me that all standard/cheap oil today it dirty and if i run it in my engine he was going to put his foot in my ass:haha:

i used to run straight hyperlube in my old motor, didn't make a difference on oil consumtion like i thought it would, i could still smoke out the school parking lot in a minute or so:haha:

Thanks guys for all the replies. (even the nissan ones) :awesomework:

I've been running 20w50 for the past warmer months, I'm just worried about the cold winters up here in b-ham and the cold start protection.

My 22re has quite a few miles on the bottom end, but it doesn't use any oil and it has fairly good compression. So the thought is possibly to run a little thinner of oil and help it out. My max drive is about 10 mins to work, other then my occasional 2 hour drive back home.

If you look at any of the charts we don't really see temperature changes on the west side to require a change in viscosity. Now if you were at high-elevation or on the east side of the mountains where you see 100+ in the summer and single digit winters I'd understand it.

but for those of us over here why do you run different oils? Does it just give you a warm feeling inside to do it? :eeek:

If you look at any of the charts we don't really see temperature changes on the west side to require a change in viscosity. Now if you were at high-elevation or on the east side of the mountains where you see 100+ in the summer and single digit winters I'd understand it.

but for those of us over here why do you run different oils? Does it just give you a warm feeling inside to do it? :eeek:

Thats good info. I'll stick with my 3 to 1 20w50 GTX/Lucas :awesomework: