• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any NV4500 Gurus On Here?

86tank

This past weekend i lost 5th gear in the tow rig. Its a 98 ram 2500 2wd with the NV4500 trans. Pulled the rear tail housing hoping the retaining nut was the problem (evidently that is an issue with this trans). That wasn't the problem, the main shaft gear had 3-4 teeth broken off and that has damaged just about every tooth on the countershaft gear. My real question is who is the best to get the replacement gears from? I've looked on some of the diesel forums and found QUAD4x4 and another cummins performance shop, but other than that I'm not finding much. If i could find somebody local that would be great but not against ordering them from anywhere that has a good rep. Just thought id post up here first to get some more opinions on where to go.

Crappy cell pic for reference/something to look at.
BCCF9FEE-B4E2-4255-BDB4-B4CD5DBBEC0C-1490-000000C076EDE330.jpg

I've rebuild many with parts from Allstate gear in Texes. Parts are good price and get em pretty quick. Have prolly 50,000 miles on one I almost put everything in with no issues.

Kurt's truck downtown took my nv4500 out of dodge 2500 today they seem reasonable and very knowledgeable . Suppose to get a price tomorrow 4 th gear synchro went out. Everybody else in town wanted to sell me a Jasper Trans.

I wound up ordering the gears and nut from Allstate Gear. They beat everybody's price by almost half. Maybe they will get here soon. I figure I can do the swap on these gears myself but I can say I'd be a little weary to have to go any further into it.