• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

any propane conversion experts about???!!!!

Whats it do?

Lock off work?
Gas On?
If you hit the "primer" button on the vaporizer do you hear a "hiss" and see vapors comming up from the mixer/carb?
Timming right?
Got spark?
Picture?

Not enough information.

Whats it do? Just cranks never anything else

Lock off work? Yes
Gas On? Gas is on and has pressure
If you hit the "primer" button on the vaporizer do you hear a "hiss" and see vapors comming up from the mixer/carb? I don't think there is a primer button
Timming right? I don't know about the timing
Got spark? Have spark, cheched all plugs
Picture? I can email/txt pics from my phone

Not enough information.
1984 22r kit purchased from Nash fuel

My nash fuel kit worked just fine. Should be a 12v lock off. Ive heard of people getting rid of the lock off in high hp applications. Maybee try if for diagnostics sake?

Mine's not a kit... I'm running a vacuum lock off... Never had an issue...

With the 12v lock off, if it has power to it and you crack open the tank, it may not let the valve in the tank open all the way... It might need a certain amount of back pressure to allow the valve to open all the way...

Just like hooking up a tank to your bbq grill with the knobs turned on, then opening the tank valve... There's some sort of fail safe thing built into the vavle on the tank... Sounds like I'm totally crazy, but I've had it happen on my grill as well as some friends grills... Not sure if the same thing can happen on a vehicle set up...

Might be worth looking at... Make sure there's no voltage going to the lock off, then rehook up the tank and crack it open...

Either way, let us know what the problem was when you figure it out...

The only electric hook up is one wire from the a vacuum switch attached to a fitting between the fuel supply line and the vaporizer. I removed it completely. Should I also take the fitting off and run the line straight in??

What kind of engine is your kit on? Did it fire the first try? :mad:

So eliminate the electric vacuum switch????

for diagnostic, yes. Simplify the system.

The only electric hook up is one wire from the a vacuum switch attached to a fitting between the fuel supply line and the vaporizer. I removed it completely. Should I also take the fitting off and run the line straight in??

What kind of engine is your kit on? Did it fire the first try? :mad:

What vaporizer do you have? Most have a "purge" button in the middle. like I said, hit that, see what happens and if that does it. Basically you need to verify your getting fuel into the intake.

Shoot some starting fluid in it. If it farts, pops or tries to run that atleast you can confirm that you have a fuel issue. Also, I have read that if you have TOO MUCH fuel... propane can act like its not getting enough. But that is just internet.

All it takes to make an engine fire is fuel and spark. You just need to verify you have both, if/once you do, then its just tuning. And the beauty part on top of that, propane is simple enough its usually pretty easy to find whats not doing its job.

Mine starts no matter what...

We need some pics...

Is your kit all Impco parts???

Model E and a 300a???

It's probably gonna be something really simple, but we're gonna need some more details...

The electrical wire is running to the lock off...

Vacuum lock off systems have no electrical ****...

Is the wire tapped into a key on source???

What kind of a tank are you using??? Fork lift???

Can you hear the lines pressurize when you crack the valve open???

The electrical wire is running to the lock off...

Vacuum lock off systems have no electrical ****...

Is the wire tapped into a key on source??? Its onto the hot side of the coil

What kind of a tank are you using??? Fork lift??? 10 gal forklift

Can you hear the lines pressurize when you crack the valve open???
I have verified pressure through a "pressure test" screw/plug on the vaporizer

Mine starts no matter what...

We need some pics...I can't upload pics on here from my phone...but I could email them from my phone

Is your kit all Impco parts??? Yes all Impco

Model E and a 300a??? I will check in the am

It's probably gonna be something really simple, but we're gonna need some more details...
im sure its simle as well...

Running your lock off on the same circuit as your coil is probably causing a weak spark. Try running a separate/dedicated feed for your lock off solenoid. Ultimately you should run a relay for the lock off that is keyed on but for now a jumper wire will do.

Check for vacuum leaks.

Running your lock off on the same circuit as your coil is probably causing a weak spark. Try running a separate/dedicated feed for your lock off solenoid. Ultimately you should run a relay for the lock off that is keyed on but for now a jumper wire will do.

Check for vacuum leaks.

Run the wire straight to the battery?