• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody into Archery?

hlb3

Zombie Hunter
Anybody into archery? I haven't really shot bows since I was a kid, but I'd like to get back into it. My daughter got to shoot a bow at the Fair and liked it, so I picked her up a beginner bow. I've got my dad's old bow, which is about 40+ years old and I would like to pick up something new that isn't going to break the bank. Any good suggestions on what to look into?

I want to get my 3 daughters into archery. They are 8, 9, and 11, and have all said they are interested in it. I've been shooting since I was a kid, but haven't shot for the last 3 years or so. I need to get my bow restrung before I start shooting it again, but a shooting buddy would be good. I live in Olympia. Text me if you want. Adam (541)408-6732

Just got back from a week+ hunting trip to Naches...
Saw Elk every day, and Shooter Bucks nearly every day but just couldn't get close enough to take a shot...:mad:

Diamond Edge ~$380. Saw no sense in a more expensive bow after comparing a few of them. Got it at Lucky Shot in Chehalis. Shoot a bunch and see what you like.

I used to be really into archery but haven't shot much in the last 10 years. I did deer hunt for the first time in a long time 3 years ago and shot a nice little 4 point w/ a bow.

I would recommend going to a bow shop, shooing a few different bows, and figure out what you like... and then have them set it up for you. You will spend a few more bucks, but the draw length will be right for whatever release you plan on using, the peep in the string will be in the right spot, correct arrow length for whatever arrow rest you choose, etc...

I prefer a solo-cam, but my dad always hated a solo-cam... so figure out what you like to shoot and then buy 1 bow that will last you a while.

Forgot I made this thread. I bought a Diamond Edge SB-1 back in October, its a nice starter bow and it has enough adjustability that I'll be able to hand it down to my wife when I decide to upgrade in the future. Got a nice range setup in my feild and have been shooting a LOT. I've already upgraded everything on the bow except the quiver.

-IQ Micro 5-pin sight
-QAD Ultra-Rest HDX drop away rest
-8" Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme w/quick disconnect
-New string/cables from 60x Custom Strings
-Cabela's wrist sling
c4bc8ca8f8e5502c42ae46b78718a72c.jpg