• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have the hookup on diamonds?

creepycrawly

I am looking for a round diamond solitaire that is at least a carat and SI1, I or H color and clarity. Just wondering if any of you guys know "the place" to go. Thanks fellas.

Africa.

Chicks really get wet when you tell them you went to the jungle for them and spilled blood in the name of bling.

At least mine did.

I never met Leo DiCaprio though, kinda disappointed about that, but hey, 3carat rock for the price of a plane ticket and a pair of fresh american Levi's...hard to beat.

creepycrawly said:
I am looking for a round diamond solitaire that is at least a carat and SI1, I or H color and clarity. Just wondering if any of you guys know "the place" to go. Thanks fellas.

Da fuq ?

:'(

ridefast said:
Africa.

Chicks really get wet when you tell them you went to the jungle for them and spilled blood in the name of bling.

At least mine did.

I never met Leo DiCaprio though, kinda disappointed about that, but hey, 3carat rock for the price of a plane ticket and a pair of fresh american Levi's...hard to beat.

I see what you did there.

ibrokeit said:
Find someone with a memebership to the Mart in Atlanta.

Dont need a membership...just a business license. Thats where I bought my wifes ring. I have a name and number to the guy that I bought from in there if you want it. Just tell him you are coming and he will leave a pass at the front.

NOVI FED COUPE said:
Dont need a membership...just a business license. Thats where I bought my wifes ring. I have a name and number to the guy that I bought from in there if you want it. Just tell him you are coming and he will leave a pass at the front.

Well there ya go.

Good choice on the round stone. I know one thing, defintely look at it in person before you buy it! Take it outside the store if they'll let you and look at it in the sunlight, out from under those purposely placed lights that tend to make even the lesser quality stones look brilliant. I bought my ole lady a 1 carat on a platinum setting with small side stones for an engagement ring back in the summer. Got it from a local jeweler. Go for cut and color over inclusions, depth of the stone really affects light return (sparkle). Too shallow or too deep, it won't sparkely worth a ****, similar to other alternative shaped stones. If you really look at my ole lady's up close, it has a couple tiny inclusions in it, but the cut and color is very brilliant. It doesn't matter what light it's under, it blings like a mo-fo, and unless you are holding it up to your eye, you can't even see said inclusions. You should be able to find a very nice round brilliant cut 1 carat stone for around $3k +/-.

Another tip is if you can find a stone under 1 carat, like 0.93 or something, they will tend to be cheaper than 1 carat and above, and if the depth is right, it looks just as big as a 1 carat for less money. The 1.03 diamond I bought actually came out of a set of ear rings my jeweler had in his vault, then I picked out the platinum setting. Everybody that asks her about her ring asks who helped me pick it out. Haha I done a shitload of research and picked out what I had in mind that looked good. I am not a big fan of all these cluster/halo style rings half my buddies have bought. They have a bunch of smaller diamonds that makes it look like it's big and expensive, when in fact, it's not. I like the solitaire look for sure!

Good luck man!

917deac07231828133b41ab5a9f3577e.jpg

TacomaJD said:
Good choice on the round stone. I know one thing, defintely look at it in person before you buy it! Take it outside the store if they'll let you and look at it in the sunlight, out from under those purposely placed lights that tend to make even the lesser quality stones look brilliant. I bought my ole lady a 1 carat on a platinum setting with small side stones for an engagement ring back in the summer. Got it from a local jeweler. Go for cut and color over inclusions, depth of the stone really affects light return (sparkle). Too shallow or too deep, it won't sparkely worth a ****, similar to other alternative shaped stones. If you really look at my ole lady's up close, it has a couple tiny inclusions in it, but the cut and color is very brilliant. It doesn't matter what light it's under, it blings like a mo-fo, and unless you are holding it up to your eye, you can't even see said inclusions. You should be able to find a very nice round brilliant cut 1 carat stone for around $3k +/-.

Another tip is if you can find a stone under 1 carat, like 0.93 or something, they will tend to be cheaper than 1 carat and above, and if the depth is right, it looks just as big as a 1 carat for less money. The 1.03 diamond I bought actually came out of a set of ear rings my jeweler had in his vault, then I picked out the platinum setting. Everybody that asks her about her ring asks who helped me pick it out. Haha I done a shitload of research and picked out what I had in mind that looked good. I am not a big fan of all these cluster/halo style rings half my buddies have bought. They have a bunch of smaller diamonds that makes it look like it's big and expensive, when in fact, it's not. I like the solitaire look for sure!

Good luck man!

Is there anything you can't learn on the internet? :stir:

TacomaJD said:

Good luck man!

Yeah man, I dropped right at 5 g's the first time around. Tried to sell that thing when we split and they literally offered me $500 for it. It was over a carat princess cut solitaire. I laughed at them and gave it back to her. It still sits in a drawer.

creepycrawly said:
Yeah man, I dropped right at 5 g's the first time around. Tried to sell that thing when we split and they literally offered me $500 for it. It was over a carat princess cut solitaire. I laughed at them and gave it back to her. It still sits in a drawer.

Yep, I set out to spend around $3k total, but couldn't find anything I was satisfied with for that so when I found this one, we started at $5k after he put it in that setting and he only jewed down to $4500. With it being platinum and such a good stone, I gave in because it was exactly what I wanted her to have. I looked at some more in those Buy Gold and Silver joints, just to see what they had. I actually found a 1 carat princess cut on a 2mm white gold smooth solitaire setting and dude said he'd take $3k out the door for it, but it wasn't blingy and the plain smooth 2mm band just looked cheap to me. I spent more than I wanted, but she still talks about how much she loves it all the time and that people always comment on it, and I am completely glad I went ahead and bought it, it was worth every penny.

And really $4500 ain't a lot compared to what some spend, I'm just a cheap ass. Lol. I had a buddy buy his ole lady a 2 carat solitaire for like $8k, he ran around on her and when they broke up, she went to the beach with her friends and threw that son of a bitch in the ocean!!!!! I was like WHAT!?!?! Pawn that bitch or something! Damn 2 carat stone! And just chunked it in the ocean haha. Crazy ****.