• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone out there running propane

Robinhood

A freind of mine is putting a 454 with alum. heads into his Wrangler and he is triing to decide what to do for fuel. He is looking at either the Edelbrock TPI setup or, going propane. Is anyone running propane with a big block if so how is the performance I have heard that your throttle response can be crappy, and how long can you run on a tank, say an eight or 10 Gal. one. Any help would great thanks John.

Last edited:
an engine that big is going to drink propain hell fast, i don't think a 10 galon tank would last a weekend wheelen with an engine like that.

i will be changing my F toy over to propane this fall and getting away from fuel injection

think it runs better but also think you use more to get same power or so i was told

I think Roccrawler can usually go all day with just over a 8 (7.5) gallon tank and he is running a heavily built supercharged 350.

I think Roccrawler can usually go all day with just over a 8 (7.5) gallon tank and he is running a heavily built supercharged 350.

That turd is always runnin outa bbq juice...

All that's every missing is the hickory BBQ sauce and a fork to stick in it :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

:signhijacked:

With the forklift style tanks, can you have those filled at the same place that fills your BBQ tanks? Or is it a different fitting that you have to go some place specail to get the tank filled? Just curious been toying with the idea myself for the next motor.

end hi-jack

:signhijacked:

With the forklift style tanks, can you have those filled at the same place that fills your BBQ tanks? Or is it a different fitting that you have to go some place specail to get the tank filled? Just curious been toying with the idea myself for the next motor.

end hi-jack

Same fitting, same place. But if you have them mounted in the vehicle, they may give problems for needing special fuel permits. As far as I know, if you just take the tanks up to them out of the vehicle, they would have no problems.

That turd is always runnin outa bbq juice...

All that's every missing is the hickory BBQ sauce and a fork to stick in it :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Just wait til I get a converter to run my propane line into a camp stove... :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Trail lunch will never be the same :beer: