• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone seal theirs?

skipnrocks

http://www.trail-gear.com/product/4644/creeper-breather-kit

My power steering reservoir is stubby and so it tends to be always leaking when off camber. I have the vent line wrapped all the way around the canister hitting all four corners but it seems worse than it was when when the vent just came out the top and looped down. So since I have double ended cylinder and should have fairly equal fluid in and out so there shouldnt be much a pressure differential so I thought of just using one of these it will accommodate expansion and contraction and is a lot cheaper than the 80 that psc wants for a pressure release valve.

My other thought was to weld on a low psi rad cap in place of psc one that would have a release when pressure builds but not allow spill over

I believe there was a thread here a while back about sealing the resi.

Are you sure where the drip is coming from the vent or around the lid?

I would go with the 2nd option.

I have seen folks use those bellows on their axle and they typically pop at some point.

If you wanted to leave it vented, you could put a sintered bronze filter on the vent to slow the leak.

Gadametz said:
PSC makes a pressure relief valve so it wont vent unless it really needs to
I saw theirs I didnt want to spend 80 plus shipping on it if I didnt have too.

I can weld a radiator cap onto it for 15 bucks with a 6 psi cap. The expanding breather would be easiest but I was curious if anyone had experience one way or another. Ill dig for that thread. I had done some searching but hadnt turned anything up.

SBJeepn said:
If you were to do it again would you still use such a high psi cap?

It never leaked. Seemed to work fine. When I build another rig I'll do the same.

It was on the reservoir I built on the Gremlin (pics somewhere in the build thread)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Anyone seal theirs?

SBJeepn said:
I saw theirs I didnt want to spend 80 plus shipping on it if I didnt have too.

I can weld a radiator cap onto it for 15 bucks with a 6 psi cap. The expanding breather would be easiest but I was curious if anyone had experience one way or another. Ill dig for that thread. I had done some searching but hadnt turned anything up.
I am thinking @redneckengineered might have started the thread?

Re: Re: Anyone seal theirs?

paradisepwoffrd said:
I am thinking @redneckengineered might have started the thread?

he did, about his psc reservoir.

ended up using a new fatter o ring that wizzo found.

Gadametz said:
PSC makes a pressure relief valve so it wont vent unless it really needs to
This is what I used on ours and we have had no leaks since.
Double ended ram.
Before it seem every time we got back to camp it was always wet around the reservoir.
It is dry now.

paradisepwoffrd said:
I have seen folks use those bellows on their axle and they typically pop at some point.
Now that sucks. I just installed them on our buggy. First time out will be in 3 weeks. I will be keeping a close eye on them now.

jeeppoor said:
Now that sucks. I just installed them on our buggy. First time out will be in 3 weeks. I will be keeping a close eye on them now.

Keep an eye for sure. But I have run them for 4 years on my rig and haven't lost one.

I'll have to see what the internets says about all this witchcraft y'all be talking.
#internetsaysit,itmustbetrue