• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aop drama??

Re:

Nothing going on, other than Tom trying to keep everyone safe.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5BrothersFabrication said:
Reading through the lines, MADRAM11 got exclusive rights to the good shots (in between red tape and yellow tape) and BKF got the shaft and called them on it.

Wonder if this is his way of saying fu for opening a competing park up.

Damn. I hope that isn't the case. But with them being so close, it has to take business from aop whenever they are actually open.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Maybe SFWDA can step in and help.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
:rolf: :rolf: would you believe them if they said they helped out but couldn't prove it?

Re: Re:

BUG-E J said:
:rolf: :rolf: would you believe them if they said they helped out but couldn't prove it?
Why would I not? I heard they were involved in helping Bob Ross paint all those happy trees on his canvas.

Anything to help offroaders be more offroady. :-* 8)

I was privy to some of the FB screenshots. Looks like it is sorted out.

Matt and Cole are both great people, I have had the opportunity to meet both of them on many occasions. They are also very competitive people. Whether it is work related, exercising or a game of Tiddly winks. If one were gone, there would be less drive to step up their editing, camera angles, interviews, timely posting of videos, etc. I want to publicly say thank you for the dangerous work you both do in helping grow this sport. Even if you may not like each other, you both help each other grow and should appreciate each other for the extra drive to do it better. Koombayah motherfuckers and have a great day.

They don't like each other? I mean I see the competition aspect because of the views, sponsors, and appearance but didn't know they didn't like each other. Interesting.

jeeptj99 said:
They don't like each other? I mean I see the competition aspect because of the views, sponsors, and appearance but didn't know they didn't like each other. Interesting.

I don't think that has ever been said by either one.

Countdown til thread turns into a **** storm 5, 4, 3, 2.........

I don't think it was Tom's intent to exclude anyone in particular. If any of you would have read the entire facebook thread, before it turned into drama, Cole posted up voluntarily and stated that he would be filming outside of the danger zone in the safe zones where everyone else is able to film from.

Then Matt kinda mentioned it being shady business, I'm assuming thinking Tom was trying to target him for whatever reason, but Tom came back and clarified that it was strictly a safety move, and since it got dramatic, he said **** it, nobody films in the danger zone anymore, that everyone interested in filming or photography will do some from the safe zone with everybody else. Never known Tom to be anything other than a good dude, so I don't think there is much left to speculate in this thread at this point.

TacomaJD said:
Countdown til thread turns into a **** storm 5, 4, 3, 2.........

I don't think it was Tom's intent to exclude anyone in particular. If any of you would have read the entire facebook thread, before it turned into drama, Cole posted up voluntarily and stated that he would be filming outside of the danger zone in the safe zones where everyone else is able to film from.

Then Matt kinda mentioned it being shady business, I'm assuming thinking Tom was trying to target him for whatever reason, but Tom came back and clarified that it was strictly a safety move, and since it got dramatic, he said **** it, nobody films in the danger zone anymore, that everyone interested in filming or photography will do some from the safe zone with everybody else. Never known Tom to be anything other than a good dude, so I don't think there is much left to speculate in this thread at this point.

Another reason i'm glad I said f it to facebook. No more stupid drama. Thanks for clearing it up JD.

jeeptj99 said:
Another reason i'm glad I said f it to facebook. No more stupid drama. Thanks for clearing it up JD.

Facebook is no different than here, it's just more people use Facebook....which is why Tom made his announcement there instead of here, to reach more people. Probably would have been the same drama here if it had initially been posted here. I am not in Tom's head so I can't say for 100% sure what his motive was, but he seems pretty legit about it being geared toward safety.

He could have posted the same thing here and several would have started making assumptions that he was trying to be biased toward one media company or the other, by only allowing one media company per event to have filmers and photographers inside the danger zone on race hills......it would have spiraled into madram vs bustedknuckle, etc. There's drama everywhere. Facebook is only a vehicle for communication, just like this place. I'll never understand why so many have a negative outlook on Facebook.

Side note: I've had WAYYYY more drama here than on Facebook. :****: which is kinda why I said F it to Hardline for awhile and still don't frequent as much as I used to.