• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB vs.....

CentralGrand

I looked a "lil bit" and haven't seen this anywhere. Thought I'd share.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0WssPvl1Xc[/YT]

I think Longfields will break an ARB in a Toy front, I think the side gears give out if IRC. I have never done it but I think I have read this on the internet somewhere more then once.

I would like to see them use a Cryo'd shaft and find the weak link of the ARB.

Or has Bobby destroyed an ARB yet?:corn:

Also doesn't mean that the ring & pinion wouldn't have been destroyed from the shock of the axle snapping with the ARB housing....would be interesting if they put them to the test in an actual diff housing with ring/pinion and all!!...:corn:

Very good video. ARB makes a great locker. I have broken several 35 spline axle shafts with no damage to the ARB differential. :awesomework:

I watched that video this summer when it was posted on PBB but seeing it again made me actually look up the cost of a arb for my 14 bolt... WAY less than I thought they went for. Guess I know what to save my nickles for now.. :D

I've broke a cromo rear axle and it ate my ARB. I've broke a rear pinion and it ate my ARB.

but have you seen you wheel?
:awesomework::beer:

i like my spool and detoit,, EXEPT.. sidhilling in the snow blows. ass end always wants to push out.

its a decent test, probably the most controled you could do.

a real world test would be imossible due to variations.

Well since I put the ARB in My Front Rockwell it turns so much better and i have beaten the Hell out of it with NO problems I LOVE MY ARB IN MY ROCKWELL

Full hydro and selectable t-case eh? Steering rocks and until you feel the difference of selectable lockers you wont understand.

Hydro assist, selectable, and a light ass rig. I run rocks it is a little hard to steer sometimes. One of these days I'd like to go ARB but its kinda low on my priority list right now because I don't think my axles are to much longer for this world.:redneck: