• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Arctic cat??

Eddyj

So what's the general opinion on the new arctic cats they look pretty good. They gonna be razor killas or what?

Eddyj said:
So what's the general opinion on the new arctic cats they look pretty good. They gonna be razor killas or what?
Rear end has a spike load damper thats kills forward momentum under load like rock crawling, and the front tie rods are made of what seems like aluminum foil... but they are very competitive to the XP900. We have had 2 or 3 compete in the SRRS races and those are the only draw backs Ive seen so far. I think they need more power for the awesome suspension they have, I will buy one if they address these few issues.

What is it a clutch that slips? I could prob look this up myself but I figure you guys are beating on this stuff daily and researching it, I would go straight to the source. Budget do you miss the buggy or you 100% side by side now? I just got my jeep working right after working on it to long (8 years) so instead of enjoying it I want to start a new project. Like switching drive train to a tube chassis or getting a side by side.

Sidexside all the way, get a xp, wildcat has alot of problems and there not holding up to any abuse

Im a Rzr guy, but a guy with a Wildcat rode some of trail 39 and 40 with us saturday nite at windrock and I must say it done pretty good to be all stock. In one spot he done better than my lifted Rzr-S on 28.5's. The length helps it quite a bit and didnt hurt it no where near what i expected. I think once they get the bugs worked out they will be good competition trail/rock crawling wise. He has had some belt issues i believe, but the suspension on those things are awesome.

I replaced the tie rods on mine and have beat the hell out of it. No issues. I like it better than I did my XP.

Eddyj said:
What is it a clutch that slips? I could prob look this up myself but I figure you guys are beating on this stuff daily and researching it, I would go straight to the source. Budget do you miss the buggy or you 100% side by side now? I just got my jeep working right after working on it to long (8 years) so instead of enjoying it I want to start a new project. Like switching drive train to a tube chassis or getting a side by side.

Fast forward to 0:55 to see what the spike load damper does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wnb4IPHs-g

Budget YJ said:
They have a billet piece that replaces that,
but then they yardsale driveshafts and rear ends! :****:

At 0:13 and 0:36 shows what happens when you use the billet replacement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuJRab-FEKo&feature=channel&list=UL

crawlin85cj said:
I think they have potential but aftermarket support is well behind the curve.

This right here is the biggest reason I didn't buy one.

Aside from being the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life I've never seen articat do anything impressive and never years a good story about them.. I have seen their atvs break a lot and I'm allergic to cats

draco and i ride together..so we can tell that they both got pros n cons.. wildcat has lower center of gravity and longer wheel base as compared to the xp ...the wildcat has proven to be solid so far besides the tie rods which was a pretty simple fix .. its been beat on pretty good and still holding up to :****: !! id recommend it to anyone considering!

Bumpers said:
Aside from being the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life I've never seen articat do anything impressive and never years a good story about them.. I have seen their atvs break a lot and I'm allergic to cats

molaugh