• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Are these cars worth anything?

LightBnDr said:
I think I understand what you are asking and wanting to do.

Whatever you do, don't for a second think of scrapping these machines. Even if they seem like junk, they have tons of good usable OE parts that don't exist anymore.

I have to second the no scraping them statement. You could probably stick the feed line for the fuel pump into a gas can and crank both of them with a fresh battery. I've started stuff that has sat for WAAAAY longer then 13 years, in way worse shape. If it pops off, it's gonna be worth that much more...Or toss some tires on it and rock out on sundays :driving:

Put me in line for the rag top the only big blocks really worth anything are the 7 liter cars and a few 352 Hipo the 390 is two barrel 300 horse is probably what they have in them

I didn't see an emblem on the vert but it looks like the hard top has one on the lower front fender so the convertible may be a 289

Re:

She said she wasn't sure what motor was in the hardtop, but thought her dad mentioned something about a motor thay started with a W in the convertible. I said "a Windsor?" She said yeah that's it. So idk, did they make a Windsor engine in those?? Maybe i can get in there and get the hood(s) up one day.

Could be a 351w. 302 is also a Windsor. If u get over there again soon take a picture specifically where the head meets the block near the front accessories

rednecklights said:
Could be a 351w. 302 is also a Windsor. If u get over there again soon take a picture specifically where the head meets the block near the front accessories

Roger that. School starts back this week for me and we got a bunch of other junk being handled too, so it may be a little while. Koch's told her today after the bunch of chickens they are currently growing now, they are cutting her contract. Assholes. She still works a full time job too, aside from dealing with all this and keeping up a farm with pretty much only a little help from her older sister and a flunkie worker that worked for her dad on the farm.

Nothing is gonna unfold overnight is what I'm getting at lol. I knew about the 351W and 302W motors, but wasn't sure if they were offered in this car or somebody may had put one in it, or she/he could have been completely wrong about what's in em. I should be back over there in a couple days. If I have time, I will see if I can get the hoods up.

There Wang be a 302 or 351 in either of those cars. 302 came out in 68, 351 in 69. Most likely either 289 or a 390 2 barrel. If they are both small block cars maybe a grand each according to condition. 390 2 barrel not gonna help the price much if any. Find a flat top four barrel on either and the price will jump maybe 500 to a grand. Both appear to be entry level cars from pics? Bucket seats would up the prices. Get the hoods up and see what motors are there. Help to determine prices better. Put my name in line for both either or just pm if you need some help on engine identity or questions.

Brian

3pgnebs said:
There Wang be a 302 or 351 in either of those cars. 302 came out in 68, 351 in 69. Most likely either 289 or a 390 2 barrel. If they are both small block cars maybe a grand each according to condition. 390 2 barrel not gonna help the price much if any. Find a flat top four barrel on either and the price will jump maybe 500 to a grand. Both appear to be entry level cars from pics? Bucket seats would up the prices. Get the hoods up and see what motors are there. Help to determine prices better. Put my name in line for both either or just pm if you need some help on engine identity or questions.

Brian

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

JohnG said:
That has come up before, I looked at his post count and it is 1337. Guess it is the forum programmers having a good time, bet it says that every time someone reaches that number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

Hmm, learn something new everyday. That's a new one on me!

Re:

Sorry for yalls loss. Just wanted to add that a 390 is a Fe engine and is not a small block. Only ford small blocks are 289, 302, 351w, there's a 351m and 351 Cleveland. Then the Fe series and then the big block.

Would have been ordered that way, most all with the 428 had bucket seats. Worked on 2 that were local to me. Who ever stated they were like Fairlanes are off by about 1200lbs. Galaxie was a large luxury car, favored the Fairlane in looks in 66/7 but was larger and heavier.

3pgnebs said:
Would have been ordered that way, most all with the 428 had bucket seats. Worked on 2 that were local to me. Who ever stated they were like Fairlanes are off by about 1200lbs. Galaxie was a large luxury car, favored the Fairlane in looks in 66/7 but was larger and heavier.
One is a 67 fairlane and one is a 67 galaxy, hmmmmm
8deaa8f16dadf520fa4bd45ab37ac20a.jpg
77d1a8324493e5ef19c83d466a299055.jpg
. 66 and 67 were the years they looked very similiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk